1893 Commemorative Half Dollar

elkboy

Jan 29, 2004
Muncie, IND
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Spectrum
index.php

index.php

We have all heard the saying Can't see the forest fore all the trees, or you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink....? Well do I feel dumb.? For three years now I have been over looking a prime spot.? My parents house... Built in 1919 and 5 acres of well groomed field.? The small 10 house town has been on the township maps before 1880.? I would park my truck out there to search other house propertys.? I grew up in that house.? Ok enough beating my-self up. Well today my dad asked me a simple question, so simple that I had not thought of it.? "why don't you ever try here?"? So I did and 15 feet from the driveway in one of the side yards and 20 feet from my truck, I got a solid 50 cent hit on my Whites XLT.? Read 4and a half inches.? So I dug expecting to go deeper than 7 and find some old ferrouis metal.? Boy was I wrong. Here is a pic and take it from me don't ever think that you can't see the forest if your taking a drink of water.? HH Dave

Upvote 0
B

bshunter

MAN WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT FEEL LIKE THE LONE RANGER AS WHEN I FIRST GOT MY XLT I NEVER TRIED MY MOM'S HOUSE & WHEN I DID I FOUND A CACHE OF GOLD COINS. LOL

THANKS
BSHUNTER =)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions