GTAx 550 or Whites Prizm IV

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks. I am currently trying to decide which to buy...the whites prizm IV or the GTAx 550. Both seem to have similar features and both would be considered intermediate detectors. Both are in the same price range. I know both Garretts and Whites are top notch detectors. My only concern is that the Prizm IV is a fairly new machine. Does anyone have experience with one of these puppies?? Or both? I just can't decide what way to go here. Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks...Wess

Upvote 0

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
In my area garret does'nt work. Minerals I guess are to blame. I have a friend in Ga who has nothing but garret equipt.. On the other hand I have used the new whites prism. It has no depth. I would go with the Garrets. I read the reviews of both and on paper they seem to be equal. But as I've said in the past trial and error are going to be the judge on any new machine. Good luck.

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
I have both (parents have the whites now, lol) a little bit more flexable with the freq's with the garrett but I like the whites all around. I have almost all of the whites family of detectors so a little partial. the GTAx550 was my first detector... good luck!!! What the best thing to do, as always, get the one you are comfy with!

HH
Chiz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread