Salter Path, NC Beaches

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Of course! BUT. You Always must check first. Some beaches have restrictions as to where you can or cannot detect. The good stuff lies not on the beach but above the beach. :thumbsup: Plus the dilemma they fill sand in yearly. Most of the places I detect are on Folly beach NC. Most of those homes ABOVE the beach are rentals and run by realtors. Ask them. If they let you, detect these spots... Past Hurricanes have tossed the good stuff above the beaches

aladdin

Mar 1, 2007
Mite b a little late for ya but salter path nc is interesting beach to hunt. I went there this summer and hunted not much to brag about this time, but I have found 20mm shells some silver rings and coins in the past.
The area use to b a site for the WWII to practice fire I've been told (yet to be comfrimed). One thing that is not good is that the beach has been resanded over and over again . If you hear a huge sound ............story has it a VW bettle which was buried out there (don't know why or when). Also watch out for buried Tires. They washed a shore during a storm few years back ( so much for Tire reefs off-shore). There is never a time not to take your detector to the beach!!! Have a good time!!! gottit

pitbullfan

Sep 18, 2009
Newton Grove, NC
Detector(s) used
First: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Now: Excal
Hey Mac,

I live a few minutes from Salter Path. The beach is totally fair game. I actually hit a portion of the beach near one of their public access areas a week ago. Scored a bunch of clad and not much else (but im a total newb). Let me know when you come down....I'd be happy to join you on a hunt if you like. Either way best of luck and hope you enjoy your stay ;D

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pitbullfan said:
Hey Mac,

I live a few minutes from Salter Path. The beach is totally fair game. I actually hit a portion of the beach near one of their public access areas a week ago. Scored a bunch of clad and not much else (but im a total newb). Let me know when you come down....I'd be happy to join you on a hunt if you like. Either way best of luck and hope you enjoy your stay ;D
Guys like you give this hobby a good name!

OP
OP
Curious The George

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pitbullfan said:
Hey Mac,

pitbullfan,
I am one also, see photo attached.

We canceled the visit to Salter Path because the weather went South on us that weekend, it rained pretty much non-stop. We may try again in October, if we do, I'll get in touch through a private message here.

Thanks for the info and the offer!

Attachments

• CIMG0799.jpg
    CIMG0799.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 174
  • CIMG0795.jpg
    CIMG0795.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 159

pitbullfan

Sep 18, 2009
Newton Grove, NC
Detector(s) used
First: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Now: Excal
Ahhh I see yours is a lap dog too :laughing9: So is mine, I love my pet bull he's such a clown.

HH
-Jason

Attachments

• diesel.jpg
    diesel.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 164

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread