21 days w/Micronta Discovery 2

just-dig

Dec 25, 2008
North Texas
I made a comment last night to a post about a Micronta Discovery 2 because I've been using one for the past three weeks. I said I'd post a pic tonight of some things I'd found with it. You can read my comments about the old detector here http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,273028.0.html
I didn't scan all the clad coins and this pic is minus one mercury dime from my backyard.
Thanks for looking, Mark

Attachments

• group (2).jpg
    group (2).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,273
Upvote 0

smoke63b

Sep 17, 2009
Very cool. I tried to take mine out again today but got rained out. Only got to be out for about 20 minutes and let me tell you, that thing is a pull-tab finding detector! I have no doubt if I hit something gold it will find it. It seems to pick up coins and Iron really well when I test it out. I'm still trying to figure out the ground balancing on it but once I get it to stop crying it seems to work well.
I've realized that metal detecting has a LOT to do with the operator and the location more so than the detector. I'm still looking forward to the Silver uMax that's on its way but I think this little old detector is worth the 35 bucks I spent on it.
We'll see if I can find any coin. I found out that ALL parks in my area have a NO METAL DETECTING rule... Ridiculous. Dogs can poop everywhere and people can leave their trash but you can't use a metal detector...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread