Explorer SE Pro...high trash area tips???

93vector

Feb 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Wondering if anyone had any advice on using the explorer in areas where there is alot of trash/iron targets

I am having difficulties with my detector in these areas....I have permission to hunt a 1700's house under renovation...there is an incredible amout of metal in the ground.......my detector is masking constantly. Anyone have any helpful hints as far as sensitivity settings/any other settings???

All metal mode would really put me over the top for sure

:help:
thanks

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Turn fast "on", deep "off", turn the sens. down to about 12 or 13-ish. Use the 5" coil. Use ferrous mode, with the screen wide open (so iron gives a low sound). Creep really slow - trying to isolate out targets. If targets are *trying* to be masked by iron, they won't give "4 star" signals. Ie.: TIDs and sounds can be skewed, yet you will hear things "trying" to bleed through.

Although noisy, I like to use the ferrous mode in iron/junk ridden relicky type sites. It somehow seems to give an edge that ...... rather than giving a null (no sound) over rejected (blacked out) targets, you hear them (albeit rejecting them by sound). This just seems to give a better mental picture of the entire field of targets your machine is trying to hear in and around, allowing you to size up and get a mental picture of what you're passing through and over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread