Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably allot have over on the meteorite forum .

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother in AZ took me out hunting for meteorites twice in the desert. He has found a few smaller ones, but all I found was some spent bullets. I like to think they were from some bandits of the old west. He never sold his and I don't know what value money wise they would have.

tertiaryjim

Aug 5, 2008
I often carry my detector and hunt for them while hiking. Haven,t found one yet. This year, my brother brought one back from Arizona - an eyeball find.

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I've got some small suspects at the moment. I have to find out where to send them off to have them authenticated. If they are, boy.....will I be rich. Our land is loaded with them. My brother seems to think they are left overs from the 1833 Lenoid meteor shower where "Stars fell on Alabama". Most of them look like rusty rocks until you clean them up, then they have a black luster to them.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MZKITY62 said:
I've got some small suspects at the moment. I have to find out where to send them off to have them authenticated. If they are, boy.....will I be rich. Our land is loaded with them. My brother seems to think they are left overs from the 1833 Lenoid meteor shower where "Stars fell on Alabama". Most of them look like rusty rocks until you clean them up, then they have a black luster to them.
Kool ! Would post us a picture of one?

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I first started detecting...I found one....thought it was a weird rock and threw it back. Did not know what it was...

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is awesome...........I would like to find one sometime...........I know they would probably be found in all metal, Tim

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
One of the channels had a show called "meteorite men"? it was about guys who's sole job was hunting meteorites and selling them to museums, im not sure if it lasted too long, it could still be on the air. Anyway they had a custom built tow behind detector and would drive the fields in their truck till they got a signal then pinpoint it with a regular detectors. In the episode I seen they pulled a few hundred lb meteors worth several grand in Kansas which is supposed to be a hot spot.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmy(PA) said:
One of the channels had a show called "meteorite men"? it was about guys who's sole job was hunting meteorites and selling them to museums, im not sure if it lasted too long, it could still be on the air. Anyway they had a custom built tow behind detector and would drive the fields in their truck till they got a signal then pinpoint it with a regular detectors. In the episode I seen they pulled a few hundred lb meteors worth several grand in Kansas which is supposed to be a hot spot.

I saw that show!!!!! It was a huge one too!!!! Hey fellows if you have one you have found could you please put a picture of it on here? Thanks Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread