Need help with Id Civilwar or junk?????????

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Found this in a park and ride a couple of days ago came up dime On a priz II .Sorry about pic But I will decribe .This Object is the size of a pea It is a cylinder in shape It has cs on one end of it smooth surface all the way around. Has small rust spot on side is it junk or some kind of ammo round. You will see how small next to cig :dontknow:thanks in advance . :coffee2: Rob

Attachments

• oct05029.jpg
    oct05029.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 321
  • oct05030.jpg
    oct05030.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
underdogger said:
Found this in a park and ride a couple of days ago came up dime On a priz II .Sorry about pic But I will decribe .This Object is the size of a pea It is a cylinder in shape It has cs on one end of it smooth surface all the way around. Has small rust spot on side is it junk or some kind of ammo round. You will see how small next to cig :dontknow:thanks in advance . :coffee2: Rob
What I think this is, is something that is real common around Churches and places that seem to have had some type of upgrade or construction in the recent past.
Never figured out exactly what they are but think they are related to nail guns and roofing
like these fit over the tops of the nails before they are used / the rust spot would be where the
nail sat before use and left a rust spot.
The material is lead, small round, with an indented spot on one side.
I do not believe these are old at all. I do not know what the "CS" stands for but its not "Confederate States". Old lead from the CW turns white after being in the ground a long time, but I have never dug a white one of these.

OP
OP
underdogger

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Thanks ,terroro You describe it to a tee. I also thought it was some kind of fastner or button also . all I know it looks like it was droped yesterday and it was in gravel I kept trying to locate it without a pinpointer. 5min later it was not even barried. I really did not think it was from civil war. New york ??? It is always good to check. Thanks for taking the time to look :coffee2:Rob.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread