mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I needed some extra cash so I cleaned all my clad in my tumbler. When I was done I took it to the bank and cashed it in. When it was all done I had $108.43. So I was wondering how much have you found this year. I think I will have to do this again next year keep my clad all summer and then cash it in all at once to see how much there is. Now this is not the rings that I found as I still have them........Matt

Upvote 0

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
I fill my tumbler barrel as I find them until it's full. Then tumble and cash in. I only tumble and cash in quarters, dimes and nickels as the pennies stain the silver clad coins reddish, brown in the tumbler. I estimate doing this at least once a month at approx. $50.00 to $70.00 each time. Clads are my bread and butter, they really help out thats for sure. ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I toss the coins in a bucket or butter tub and take it to a Coinstar machine every so often. It is worth it to let the machine do it than use my time cleaning, counting, stacking in coin holders for taking to the bank.

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep all the clad in a jar until I get enough to run it through the tumbler so I can read the dates and see the coin. Then I place them in a big plastic jar and roll and check them again. I hold all my clad for the year, my year runs from Aug 1 to July 31 (I started on Aug 1). My first year I picked up $325 and this last July 31 the total for 2009 was $380. The first year I bought silver with the money and 2009 clad was given to my church for a special project.

fccdfed

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think I will keep track starting Jan 1...new years resolution # 278...but a top priority.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See the bottom of my avatar. I don't keep track of how many cents worth of clad I find each year.

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cashed in last yrs and this yrs Pennys and clad not the quarters. Came to be 35.00 bucks. My buddy Mike M had over $100 bucks in quarter this yr for him :notworthy:

Idaho hunter

Jan 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350- Ace250- 10X WORKHORSE - GARRETT PRO POINTER - Mighty AP digger
I just toss my coins in a coffee can but seperate the pennys from the rest
and when i get about 1 lb of each i tumble them and keep them to the end
of the year and turn them in. I found a lot of banks have coin counting
machines you can use for free and the ones i have used take more of the
beat up coins than coinmaster.
in 2007 i found 5446 coins that totaled to 596 dollars and change and this
was just the clad. in 2008 i found over 6000 clad coins that amounted to
641 dollars and so far this year i don't know now many but it amounts to
486 dollars. slowing down and getting old i guess hh
idaho hunter

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Sandman said:
I toss the coins in a bucket or butter tub and take it to a Coinstar machine every so often. It is worth it to let the machine do it than use my time cleaning, counting, stacking in coin holders for taking to the bank.

I am with you 100%. Some people say you're giving away 8% to the machine, I say its worth it. Just gotta watch for some of the bent coins, they get stuck and jam the machine, then you got to call the store manager to come and open it up and clear the jam. Then he looks at you and asks "where did these coins come from", all black and corroded. Oh well, it's still real money and someone has to deal with it.

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
well you see I have this Box it is 5 inches wide 7 inches High & 13 inches long. it is 1/4 full. when it is full I will be able to get my BeachHunter ID 300 it will be pay off, Got it on Lay a way for all most 2- Years. its has taken me this long because I Lost my JOB 2 + year ago. so the rings & coin will have to Wait .coinfinder :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :hello2: :hello2:

pitbullfan

Sep 18, 2009
Newton Grove, NC
Detector(s) used
First: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Now: Excal
Started MDing Labor Day weekend this year. I've found 368 coins for a total of $28.33.

It's been lots of fun too!!!

HH
-Jason

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first year out I had between 2 and 3 hundred dollars in clad, mostly dimes and quarters. But haven't enjoyed good enough health to equal that since. I haven't really been counting but instead just toss it in a quart jar and cash it in when it's full. It's only about half full this year though. Monty

dazoff said:
In 2008 dug almost 10000 coins for 1250.00

This year have not hunted much and am at about 570.00 :thumbsup:

I was going to reply to this thread but thought that I shouldn't because of being Canadian. :wink:
My friend who primarily hunts for new change is at about $3600. I'm a relic hunter and don't hunt clad as much but I probably have found close to half of my buddies total.

My record for one 6 hour day was $143.65 (about 6 years ago)

I hope they come out with that $5 coin!!!!!
Dave.

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow some of you guys and gals have done great with the clad. I thought I have done good with getting over a $100 for around 6 or 7 months of detecting. But then I only get out maybe 3 times or less a week. I will have to set a goal to get out more next year. It is wet and cold here now so I am ucky to get out once a week. So good luck to everyone out here and happy hunting....Matt

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
When I first started detecting in 7th grade and through HS I would make about 70-100+ bucks a month detecting playgrounds. Not too shabby for someone with no expenses and who rode his bike to the sites. ;D Now I mostly hunt cellar holes so clad is rare, sometimes I do miss the extra money though since I dont sell my old coins and relics. I dont make money off detecting anymore...now that I think about it maybe I should start hitting schools and playgrounds again haha.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
cashed in last years and go tback 99.90 and cashed my pennies and got back 6.00 and 40 crustys this year i have been using it my side jobs are coming to a hault due to the weather before the winter like weather came in i had 40.00 started dads christmas list shopping may have to be a metal waste commoditys trader to make ends meet for christmas kids still like toys but mine are wanting some cool big kid stuff daughter wants a 22 caliber pink and black s&w revolver and my son wants wa real remote control car not the slow one from walmart i have a 35 mph one from my mini dirt track days clean it up and put a new body on it vwalla well you know it is just all that adult stuff we never knew about as kids i can do it though .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread