Whats your favorite metal detector?

kickback

Mar 11, 2004
South Dakota
I coin hunt.My favorite detector right now is the Fisher F 75 with the 3X7 inch coil on it.It's deep,great in trash and seems to unmask coins in trash better than anything else I've used.I'm presently "learning" the DFX and Explorer SE also.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned many machines and I enjoy the tesoro vaquero for all around use. I enjoy relic hunting more then coin shooting but anything with some history behind it is fantastic to dig.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i have 4 i started with a whites coinmaster 6db then a bounty hunter prospector dx then my whites dfx 300 and a garretts ace 250 hands down the whites dfx 300 with the 12 inch coil

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
I doubt I will ever use anything but a Tesoro machine again,but if I do it would be a Whites.

OP
OP
stimeygraves

stimeygraves

Sep 18, 2009
Maryville Tennessee
Detector(s) used
whites DFX with a sun ray DX-1 probe, whites eclipse 950, 4x7 excelerator, 6x8 SEF, 10x12 SEF and 12x15 SEF coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the interesting answers

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
I started out almost 5 years ago with a Whites IDX Pro and she served me very well as I began to learn our hobby. Then I decided that since I lived within shooting distance of Daytona Beach, I'd better get a water machine. I bought an Excal 800 on EBay and LOVE it! You just can't do better than an Excal in the water. Satisfied with my water machine, just last weekend I upgraded to a Whites MXT for dirt fishing. There's a bit of a learning curve involved but I was very impressed with the number and depth of the targets she located. I can see how this will soon become my favorite detector; I'm looking forward to researching my "hunted out" spots and coming up with all sorts of new coins and jewelry that my IDX Pro (bless her heart!) missed.

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have several. My favorite is the Discovery Electronics Treasure Baron Cointrax I bought for 20 bucks at a garage sale. I installed the 2.0 upgrade chip and the more I use this machine, the more I like it. Aside from the weight (easily hip mounted though) it's pretty much everything I want in a detector. Screamin' deep too.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt relics and coins. I like the tesoro its a tough no frills deep digger,,for me. Lifetime warranty and made in the USA. mho
Good luck :thumbsup:

pokerdad911

Mar 25, 2008
O.C CA.
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro - DFX
My dependable Whites IDX Pro. Find dimes like crazy for some reason. It never misses a target. I will never part with it.

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have only owned three machines; a Brinkman Treasure Sensor 5000, Whites Coinmaster Classic III and a Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker. I hunt 99.9% of the time for relics and I love the Fast Tracker with the 10" coil. It is VERY simple and gets great depth on the iron stuff. If I did a lot of coinshooting I think I would buy an Ace 250 just from it's reputation on this forum.

Doug

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. Good over all machine. Have only used it a handful of times because of the way I work but that is soon to change. I have been to a couple of parks and a few yards with it, just hunting for coins and such. So far, so good. When I learn to speak it's language a little better, watch out!

B

Big1011Guy

stimeygraves said:
Tell me what your favorite metal detector is and what you mostly hunt with it. Thanks

Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II PI Detector and a Garrett Ace 250 - Beach Stuff.
Guy

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
Own a White's Prizm V and have a White's Spectrum XLT on it's way to me as we speak. White's has never let me down, not to mention they are made in Sweet Home, Oregon not too far from where I grew up (Bend, Oregon). Where/What I hunt can't be pinpointed into a category. I hunt wherever I think I might find something old/interesting/valuable.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
whites dfx 300 with super 12 coil and a garretts propointer if it beeps loud and proud it gets dug up mostly coins though

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my only machine has been my trusty White's IDX Pro... which I know I'll probably never get rid of. I know it inside & out!
I'll soon be getting a Minelab Explorer XS to try my hand at. I know it has a pretty decent learning curve, but I think I'll be alright!
With all the accessories that's coming with this thing, I couldn't afford "not" to purchase it!!! :laughing7:

Bran <><

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now I own One detector a Garrett Masterhunter cx plus (they just dropped them from there linne up) Bought it new Oct 24 used 3 times in the shop with a bad knob and coil. Hope it works like it should when I GET IT Back.
My all time FAVORITE Detector would be the Silver Sabre models they have found more than most of the other detectors I have owned over the years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread