Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only own 2` detectors an ace 250 an a older Tesoro Eldorado , I just started detecting in May so still a technicly a newbie......so far I am a Tesoro guy .I luv my eldorado an will never part with it , I may bet other machines an they may come an go but the Eldorado is allways gonna stay.

what do I hunt with it ?.....anything that gets caught in my web an beeps arrrrrrrrrrrrr :laughing9:

OP
OP
stimeygraves

stimeygraves

Sep 18, 2009
Maryville Tennessee
Detector(s) used
whites DFX with a sun ray DX-1 probe, whites eclipse 950, 4x7 excelerator, 6x8 SEF, 10x12 SEF and 12x15 SEF coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only own one, the Garrett 1500 and i just hunt for coins and jewelry. ;D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a Whites 6000 XL Pro, a Fisher 1235X (used for competiton hunts) and as of this weekend I now own 4 Minelabs, 2 Sovereign GTs (One of the Sovereign GTs is waterproofed to hunt in the surf.) and 2 Excalibur 1000s.

I am primarily a beach hunter, my favorite metal detector is a "Minelab", it nulls on iron and will tell you if there is gold ring next to the iron. Both of my Excal's will shortly have WOT coils on them, and both of my Sovereign GT's have WOT coils. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Explorer or Explorer II and hunt buttons because a good button hunter won't really miss anything else!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Explorer II here to. I just like the way they behave. And they work a treat in most conditions.
Otherwise I agree with Iron Patch. :thumbsup:

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have always liked the sounds of the Garretts. But have been using Whites. DFX

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepstar for the wet sand. Deeper than FBS/BBS etc and you can sweep as fast or slow as you like.

On pasture the Nautilus DMC. Deeper than most and again the primary all metal search mode allows you to sweep fast and cover a lot of ground until you hit the hot spots then you can sweep as slow as you want in amongst the rubbish.

On plough soil any fast recovery machine will do so its Goldmaxx/Shadow/ T2 or Tesoro but I don't feel any affection for any of these like I do from the Deepstar and Nautilus which talk to you.

SouthArk

Mar 23, 2005
South-Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Detector Pro Pirate, Troy Shadow X-5, Fisher F75
I've responded to a similar post before. I know I've not owned as many detectors as a bunch of folks, but for me..... my favorite overall machine has been the Shadow X-5. When I first got it back in 2001, I would take it out for my relic hunts and use it for an hour or so, get frustrated, then I'd stick it back in the truck and get my old CX III. But, I finally followed the advice of my dealer, and began using it exclusively...... and the finds started piling up. I can honestly say that I found more relics with it than I had found with any other detector..... by far! Once my ears became attuned to the sounds the tones were giving me, I had no use for a metered ID. It was extremely sensitive to smaller relics like percussion caps, cuff buttons, etc. And got great depth.... with .58's coming from 12" plus at Jenkins Ferry. I could find 20 CW bullets and more there per day...... and was digging with old holes all around me. I still have this machine and I sure hope the rumors are true..... that Troy may be coming out with a new machine after the first of the year. I'd sure try to get the new model he's developed, even though I recently bought an F75.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a few and enjoyed the learning of each. They are all for different jobs or how I just feel that day. I thought I did not have one that was a favorite, but since I mainly do the water I think my Excal 1000 is the one. For land I am not sure as I enjoy the Sov GT and the DFX, but the Sov GT is lighter an I hardly use a screen to lie to me.

limegoldconvertible68

Mar 18, 2009
Illiniois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 11"DD coil, CZ-21 with 10" coil, Fisher 1265X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say I love my Fisher F70. I have a very light weight detector that is half the price of most top line detectors but I still get the depth that they do. Doesn't get better than that!

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I metal detector that is my hand that I learned how to use wisely is my favorite detector.

The brand and model can be any detector because if I use it properly then it will be my favorite.

pitbullfan

Sep 18, 2009
Newton Grove, NC
Detector(s) used
First: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Now: Excal
I only own two machines right now....a sea hunter mark2 and a bounty hunter tracker 4. The sea hunter is my favorite for the wet sand and water for obvious reasons. The tracker is my favorite on dry sand/land. If i'm still having as much fun with this hobby come tax return time, I may spring for a whites land machine to see what the tracker's missing :laughing9:

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
My favorite is the DFX although I'll never part with my 1st detector (a gift), a White's Coin Classic II that my 8 kids gave me 19 yrs ago.....been a detecting nut ever since.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had alot of machines.....Have always been partial to tesoros.........loved my minelab xterra 50 but, I think the Whites MXT I am currently using will probably turn out to be my favorite one of all time!!!

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
MXT hands down. I can't tell you much I enjoy this machine. It's simple enough for the newbie, but I won't outgrow it for many years. I learn something new every day. And I am still using all stock equipment! I can't wait to start upgrading and experimenting with her...I love this sport!

~Tom

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to say that my favorite is the one I'm using at any point in time. I have different detectors for differnt locations. My White's SMII is my fav for freshwater beaches. My White's SM PI is my fav for ocean beaches. My Whites 6000 proSL is my fav for coin hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread