nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
25 yrs of Detecting, I can't never remember a property owner asking me that question.
I will say that with the favor of Granting permission that I would give up most of my finds to the owner if they wanted. I have always given all the clad I found to the owner for the children of the Home and any jewelry that might be found, if they wanted it.
I think the History lesson of any research that I have to share and the finds that come from under there feet is pretty cool for the most of them.
I believe above all, the Respect given to the owner and sharing the Respect I have for History is enough for them to Grant permission.

Nova Treasure

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Haven't had to answer that one yet, but if it's asked, be sure to document, in writing, what, if anything, YOU get to keep.

And ya, looking over my shoulder cancels all deals.

My time, my machine, my expertise...& if I find anything that can be historically connected to your property......

K

Kentucky Kache

I think it's up to the land owner to tell you if he expects anything. What is he giving you permission for? You're not there to practice your digging skills.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to echo nova treasure. I've been detecting for about 36 years and I have never been asked that question either and I've detected in several different states including Alaska and California.

Maybe it's a regional thing. :dontknow:

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My inlaws have an old quarry in OH. I wouldn't want to give up the good stuff to some guy who happened by... I know everyone wants to take home treasure but.... I want to give it a go myself first... :thumbsup:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm currently building a shadow box for a friend with misc. Colonial buttons and artifacts collected this last year from the property. When it's done I'll post a pic of it. I also bring back-up detectors and have recently started asking the owners to detect with me. Most of the time they say no but, I have gotten a few farmers out. And they love it. HHHH

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
I've been asked the same question quite a few times.
My usual answer: "Well, nothing really, but if I find any nice jewelry, or anything historically significant, I'll give it to you. I'm just into searching for old coins".

stimeygraves

Sep 18, 2009
Maryville Tennessee
Detector(s) used
whites DFX with a sun ray DX-1 probe, whites eclipse 950, 4x7 excelerator, 6x8 SEF, 10x12 SEF and 12x15 SEF coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if you offered them $10.00, they probably jump on that. Wouldn't it be worth 10 bucks, too hunt a never hunted area for the first time. Then if you find something of value wouldn't you have ever right to keep it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The land owner is letting you detect on his property and he is liable for any injury that comes to you so in many cases he is letting you hunt there and wants something in return. I have only been asked once and just recently. Many just are curious as to what is there on their property. It works wonders to offer them a chance at using a back up detector as you get invited back many times an it opens the door to other properties.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread