Going to North Carolina, where do I hunt?

Lorrie

Greenie
Sep 22, 2004
Hi , I belong to the CFMDC in central Florida for about 6 years now and have a chance to venture out of Florida. I usually hunt the beaches in Daytona Beach. I haven't been on vacation in over 20 years and now that we are getting to retirement age thought we visit Franklin in North Carolina. We used to go there for seventeen years to hunt for stones before it got so commercialized. My question to you if you please where would be a good place to hunt and what are the laws in North Carolina? We here can't hunt on any state land and government land is a no, no! We obey the code of ethics in metal detecting and preserve and not destroy. Any information would greatly be appreciated. Thank you Lorrie , activities director for CFMDC. [email protected]

Upvote 0

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
Lorrie...Can't answer all your ???, but do not get caught operating a MD in a NC State Park. Very large NO-NO. >:(

Can't help you with the Franklin area...I "usually" live on the NC Coast.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi. I'm near Franklin.
I need to talk with you before I take you to one of my sites. But, I'm always willing to help someone out.
PM me for details

Your going to love the Franklin area! Good choice.HHHH

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
can't help you on NC, but am curious to what you say about Florida. You say govt. land is a no-no in Florida. How do you figure? People hunt the beaches there, all the time, ad-nauseum. And of course city and county schools, parks, etc.... like in any state, are hunted there too, I would assume.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread