Should I trade Xterra 50 for Whites M-6?

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure yet on how much cash would go along with that...I mainly use the Xterra 50 for coin and jewlery and stuff like that. I would pretty much be doing the same thing with the M-6, and i go to the beach every year so I would use it there to...I think the Xterra 50 is just a little too faulty for me, I've used it in quite a few places and it always does the same thing, seems to work fine at first, then starts saying i have signals everywhere. I've done everything possible to try and clear it up, but nothin works...and i've had it for a long while now

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, something is wrong with your xterra, send it in to minelab let them check it out, that is an awesome machine! I have the x-70 and would not trade it for anything!!!!

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't trade the X-terra before getting it fixed by Minelab. You really don't want to get that kind of rep. Also, I'm sure that if you get it fixed you'll find out that its a lot better machine than you think, especially for the kind of hunting you do.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BamaBill said:
Don't trade the X-terra before getting it fixed by Minelab. You really don't want to get that kind of rep. Also, I'm sure that if you get it fixed you'll find out that its a lot better machine than you think, especially for the kind of hunting you do.
This is a fact. Now, Call Minelab and see if you can get a "will call" ticket. Speak with Gloria. You should get your detector back within 3 weeks. Then try it. I've used this machine and I was impressed. Just trying to help. Again, how much for the trade?

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just had a 50 fixed with Minelab and they'll tell you about 20 days to get it fixed, but it actually took just over week. My 50 is now good as new. I have a 705, 70, and 50. I like X-terras. Can you tell?

Corben

Jul 9, 2008
Sacramento
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000. V4
Garrett ATPro
I traded a M6 for a Xterra 70.......

and I liked them both! But with a M6 think of all the coil options you'll have over the xterra.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread