Shipping (Sandscoops) to the U.K

DOGMAN ( U.K )

Oct 26, 2009
Devon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
The one item we just can't get over here is a selection of sandscoops. More frustrating is that I've emailed a few dealers and not received a reply as to whether they ship to the U.K.
There are those like me who enjoy beach detecting and need (due to beach conditions), good quality Stainless steel long handled scoops. So, If anyone/dealers can help, please let me know. Happy hunting, Glenn. :laughing9:

Upvote 0

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello. I sell these scoops. Unfortunately, to ship them to the UK would be outrageously expensive. Why not trying designing and building you own. Here in the states I build my own tools / digging apparatus's. I dig American Revolutionary and Civil war artifacts and have used the same digger going on the second year with no cracks...Knock on wood. Find a fabricator/Blacksmith and show them what you need and surely for the price of having one shipped from the states you could have a better one built there. Try it! Cheers. HHHH

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DOGMAN ( U.K ) said:
The one item we just can't get over here is a selection of sandscoops. More frustrating is that I've emailed a few dealers and not received a reply as to whether they ship to the U.K.
There are those like me who enjoy beach detecting and need (due to beach conditions), good quality Stainless steel long handled scoops. So, If anyone/dealers can help, please let me know. Happy hunting, Glenn. :laughing9:

You know, if your willing to pay the price someone from here will ship one to there....
But it is really expensive once you get past 1-2 pounds,
your looking at close to $30, you can see for yourself the rates by going to the USPS web site
and put in 28208 as a ship from zip code and then your address in the UK and see what 2 or 3 or 4 pounds cost. (over 1 pound can only be shipped priority mail international) Personally I use a handgrip shovel on the beach as a sifter does me no good in the wet sand. I can usually find anything with a shovel and see it and cover the hole before even leaning over to pick it up.

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
I had the same problem here in Germany, nobody sells scoops. So I designed one myself, made a sketch and even a original size model from paper and took it to a blacksmith to ask if he would make it from stainless steel. He would- for 150 Euros. Too much for my liking. So I went to te next best scrapyard to look for the most promising pieces of stainless steel junk. Took me about 10 minutes to find what I needed and payed 5 Euros for the material. At home I used a regular angle grinder and power drill to cut the pieces into shape and drill enough holes (I wasted about 3 drill bits though). Then I took the pieces to a welder who could weld stainless steel ( I can't with my own simple stick welder), he charged me 15 Euros for the job. A replacement shaft for a regular shovel from a DIY market for 6 Euros is just perfect. So alltogether it cost me less than 30 Euros. Sorry- no pics. I think it doesn't neccessarily have to be stainless steel, even an old (empty!) fireextinguisher from a scrapyard cut diagonally with drilled holes and onwelded piece of 2 inch steel tube to attach the shaft would do the job.

OP
OP
DOGMAN ( U.K )

DOGMAN ( U.K )

Oct 26, 2009
Devon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Thanks for the advise guys. I'll try and source the materials and see what I and a blacksmith or fabricator can come up with. :icon_thumright: Just been quoted $72 to ship to the U.K with possible import tax on top, so It's a no go. I'll get one made.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions