what strange items have you found for the locations you hunt? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    stefen

Re: what strange items have you found for the locations you hunt?

Found a silver Navajo turquoise ring in my yard when rototilling the flower beds...all I could figure is that the property was a former orange grove and possibly lost by a Bracero fruit picker...

(Bracero is the name of a visitor agricultural worker program in the 60's and 70's)

Dec 2005
    Pinehurst. Idaho
    Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
    3 times

I found a used pregnancy test thingy in a sportsman's access to a river campsite. Somehow this all seems to tie in now that I'm typing it.??

stefen

Quote Originally Posted by silverswede
    I found a used pregnancy test thingy in a sportsman's access to a river campsite. Somehow this all seems to tie in now that I'm typing it.??
    They're reusable if you can shake the P out of it

us
    Dec 2008
    South Korea
    Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
    27 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Was digging here in S. Korea, at a site that had produced a few older coins.
    Got a signal, and dug....got a coin. But it was in very loose, deep black soil. So, I thought there might be a coin deeper then
    my detector could signal, so I began to dig about 1 foot of soil off the top.
    My shovel hit something, sounded hollow, so I slowed down. Began using my hand to scrape the soil off, and pretty soon I
    saw the bottom of a vase staring back at me. Thought it was just a small piece, and so tried to move it. It wouldn't budge.
    So began digging around it. It was a little over 12" tall, so it took a while to dig down around it. But, when I did there was a
    95% complete old old vase, that had been positioned there, upside down. (Of course, when I was ready to lift it out of it's
    hole, I was praying for coins to begin flooding out. But, no suck luck. And, the top of this vase was positioned on the bottom
    of another vase.....but that was all there was to the second vase.....only the bottom. This was not a throw-away. These two
    vases were put there, the one upside down on the other. Nothing inside it. Very strange.
    Can't find it if you're watching tv at home, your machine isn't on, and the head of your detector is pointed up!!

us
    Apr 2009
    Othello, Wa.
    Whites Surf Pro PI, Whites M6
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by silverswede
    Was digging a dime signal in a play ground at one of my city parks. While digging through the Bark fill, out came a Condom, in you guessed it, in used condition.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9871 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by mcmich
    I found a head. It was one that hair cutting schools use to train beauticians. It was on top of the ground (thank god). Would hate to have dug on that. Gotta tell you those things look awfully real from 15 feet. It was in the woods/feild about 30 feet from a dirt road. Figure someone flunked out and decided to toss it...sure had the heart pumping.

I found a head once too, at the beach. Except it belonged to a Goat. Still had a tag in it's ear. I have photos for those who are interested.

us
    Jul 2009

two feet down, copper ball float from an old toilet,

Mar 2003
    1 times

I was hunting an old house site which is located at the far end of a High School football field, all of which dated to the late 'teens. The house was gone, having been burned down; the stuff found loss-dated from the 'teens to "about" 1940. NOTHING seemed to indicate a post-1940 date, thus I assumed the house burned then, or a bit later. I got a good signal, it was the brass ID plate for a P-40 warplane, badly cumpled and burned. Whoa.... I imagined some early WWII pilot from the local training airbase loosing his engine and trying to land at the football field, but overshooting it, and crashing into the house. Research later verifed I was correct, no one on the ground hurt, but the pilot died. One of the saddest finds I have ever made.

us
    Jan 2007
    Beach Hunter ID 300
    3 times

My Wife .

us
    Dec 2005
    Bay Area Ca.
    White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
    16 times
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by coin finder
    My Wife .
    HMMMM what kind of signal did you get on your detector when you found her?....
    Happy Hunting Everyone, may your swings be filled with beeps, and your scoops full of the treasures you seek!

Jul 2006
    Jamestown, NY
    White's XLT

Ghetto booty! At a local park, I found a Polaroid picture of a large african american woman in booty shorts sticking her butt out for the camera... yep

us
    Dec 2005
    Bay Area Ca.
    White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
    16 times
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by desecrator
    Ghetto booty! At a local park, I found a Polaroid picture of a large african american woman in booty shorts sticking her butt out for the camera... yep
    LOL...very funny
    Happy Hunting Everyone, may your swings be filled with beeps, and your scoops full of the treasures you seek!

us
    Dec 2005
    Bay Area Ca.
    White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
    16 times
    Metal Detecting

Found a clothes pin at the beach last week

us
    Oct 2009
    Northern VA
    Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
    15 times

I almost forgot about this one. I was digging an old house site that dated from the early 1800's to mid1900's I got a strong signal at the corner of an old shed about 6 inches deep I got a mason jar lid when I pulled it out it had part of the jar still attached. I ran my machine over the hole and still got a strong signal. Knowing I had a jar of coins I carefully enlarged the hole and pulled out my prize, a jar full small electrical fittings. What the heck?

us
    Dec 2005
    Bay Area Ca.
    White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
    16 times
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by vayank54
    I almost forgot about this one. I was digging an old house site that dated from the early 1800's to mid1900's I got a strong signal at the corner of an old shed about 6 inches deep I got a mason jar lid when I pulled it out it had part of the jar still attached. I ran my machine over the hole and still got a strong signal. Knowing I had a jar of coins I carefully enlarged the hole and pulled out my prize, a jar full small electrical fittings. What the heck?
    LOL...what a disappointment........it is amazing what you find sometimes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links