what strange items have you found for the locations you hunt? - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    JP
    us
    May 2006
    Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
    Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: what strange items have you found for the locations you hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by diggummup
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmich
    I found a head. It was one that hair cutting schools use to train beauticians. It was on top of the ground (thank god). Would hate to have dug on that. Gotta tell you those things look awfully real from 15 feet. It was in the woods/feild about 30 feet from a dirt road. Figure someone flunked out and decided to toss it...sure had the heart pumping.
    I found a head once too, at the beach. Except it belonged to a Goat. Still had a tag in it's ear. I have photos for those who are interested.
    Last year on a trip overseas I was snorkeling in water that did not have very good visibility. I saw a rope swaying with the waves and decided to follow it thinking there might be an anchor at the end. With my hands on the rope I pulled myself along and I saw something white at the end. As the large object came into focus I realized it was a dead cow. The disgusting part was that I had touched the head before I realized what it was. I scraped my hand for an hour in the sand. I'll never do that again.....
    As for condoms, I've dug up several at the beach, still sealed in the package. Somebody didn't get any loving that night.
    Adventurer, warrior, mercenary, treasure hunter...

us
    Dec 2005
    Bay Area Ca.
    White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
    16 times
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. JP
    I found a head. It was one that hair cutting schools use to train beauticians. It was on top of the ground (thank god). Would hate to have dug on that. Gotta tell you those things look awfully real from 15 feet. It was in the woods/feild about 30 feet from a dirt road. Figure someone flunked out and decided to toss it...sure had the heart pumping.
    I found a head once too, at the beach. Except it belonged to a Goat. Still had a tag in it's ear. I have photos for those who are interested.
    Last year on a trip overseas I was snorkeling in water that did not have very good visibility. I saw a rope swaying with the waves and decided to follow it thinking there might be an anchor at the end. With my hands on the rope I pulled myself along and I saw something white at the end. As the large object came into focus I realized it was a dead cow. The disgusting part was that I had touched the head before I realized what it was. I scraped my hand for an hour in the sand. I'll never do that again.....
    As for condoms, I've dug up several at the beach, still sealed in the package. Somebody didn't get any loving that night.
    wow, that is defiantly a strange find..yuck ......... thanks for sharing and hh
    Happy Hunting Everyone, may your swings be filled with beeps, and your scoops full of the treasures you seek!

us
    Nov 2009
    Evans Colorado
    AT Max
    117 times

Man you guys find some weird stuff sure hope I find something weird as well as good stuff so I have good stories like this. Of course no dead bodies of either human or animal thank you

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    134 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I found the dead cat from hell and a woman's head that I posted elsewhere to the same question not long ago. Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

us
    American by Birth ~ Gun Owner by Right ~ Jesus by Choice

Jan 2007
    George West, TX
    SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
    21 times
    Banner Finds (2)

I think that tops Tanks deceased woman in the park...just how many dead cows in the ocean attached to a rope is one likely to find.
    Dawn
    MCALLEN, TX

Sep 2003
    Colorado
    9 times

I found what looks like a 1-1/2" x 1" piece of iron, thinking it was a magnet, I hung it from a thread to see if it would align with the earth's magnetic field.
    It started spinning fast and kept spinning for a few hours until the thread broke.
    I found it a canyon here in Colorado where there have been strange sightings.

us
    Nov 2009
    Evans Colorado
    AT Max
    117 times

Quote Originally Posted by Ken/CO
    I found what looks like a 1-1/2" x 1" piece of iron, thinking it was a magnet, I hung it from a thread to see if it would align with the earth's magnetic field.
    It started spinning fast and kept spinning for a few hours until the thread broke.

What part of Colorado? I am north of Denver and east of Loveland

us
    May 2009
    Yuma Az
    Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
    55 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by txkickergirl

I think that tops Tanks deceased woman in the park...just how many dead cows in the ocean attached to a rope is one likely to find.
    I agree that tops mine an I'm more than happy to pass that crown along lol I think your right txkickergirl thats a tad freaky there
    Building my wealth one pull tab at a time Tank69

us
    sirdigsthepennies

Apr 2008
    st. joseph missouri
    old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
    26 times

i was getting a good dime signal at 8 inches with the old fx 300 got to it no dime kept digging got

out the garrett propointer dig and probe dig anc probe got down 2 feet found a old granite ware

sauce pan and in it was a old carbon core from a old crank phone battery checked the dirt as i was

filling it in found a 55 rosie 3 wheaties and a 42 silver quarterand thr rail road padlock key i wear

around my kneck on a 6 ounce 925 silver chain that my wife bought me for christmas last year

michigan michael

Quote Originally Posted by Tank69
    ok how about a g-string in a tot lot .....it had a little $ charm on it thats what set the detector off.
    I have found one of those also. I know we are suppose to pick up all trash we find...... That stayed right there. # 1 thats just straight up nasty and #2 try explaining to the wife you FOUND a pair of panties in the park. I dont want that conversation.

us
    May 2005
    Fisher F2
    57 times

I was searching an old farm and i found a 1930's-40's trycycle down about 5 inches I also found a full can of bud down 4 inches

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2005
    Littleton, CO
    White's DFX

History Channel Token (I liked it) and a brass pot pipe (circa early 1970's).

us
    Dec 2005
    Bay Area Ca.
    White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
    16 times
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by acevillav
    I was searching an old farm and i found a 1930's-40's trycycle down about 5 inches I also found a full can of bud down 4 inches
    Cool, a ride, and a brew...... lol
    Happy Hunting Everyone, may your swings be filled with beeps, and your scoops full of the treasures you seek!

Sep 2003
    Colorado
    9 times

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1960
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken/CO

What part of Colorado? I am north of Denver and east of Loveland
    In the hills behind Central City.
    There have been a lot of strange sightings in that area, according to locals.
    I'm in Aurora, southeast of Denver.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2005
    Choctaw Beach Florida
    Equinox 800 and 600, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
    1498 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (3)

I dug a WW2 issue German condom. It was in a round aluminum container.I did not know what it was and asked a German friend to translate the writing on it and he just laughed for a long time before he told me what it was.I pried it open thinking that maybe there was something else in it and it was what he said it was.
    God and country.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links