what strange items have you found for the locations you hunt?

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
I've got a few for you. I've found dentures, and gold teeth in the ocean. My favorite was a pair of wedding rings from both the bride and groom who presumably got into a fight and threw their rings in the ocean. I found both of them about 10 yards apart with the same wedding date and first names inscribed. The strangest would have to be a tombstone behind a church at about eight inches deep. I got a signal and located the target. I dug around it and felt a round object about the size of a jar lid. I tried to pry it out of the ground but noticed it was stuck. I dug down and around it clearing the dirt away. I then saw a picture of a face on the round object with a plastic cover. That's when I realized it was a picture plate on a tombstone. Needless to say, I stopped digging immediately and notified the church. :(

OP
OP
Ricky1601 aka pull tab king
Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ringman said:
I've got a few for you. I've found dentures, and gold teeth in the ocean. My favorite was a pair of wedding rings from both the bride and groom who presumably got into a fight and threw their rings in the ocean. I found both of them about 10 yards apart with the same wedding date and first names inscribed. The strangest would have to be a tombstone behind a church at about eight inches deep. I got a signal and located the target. I dug around it and felt a round object about the size of a jar lid. I tried to pry it out of the ground but noticed it was stuck. I dug down and around it clearing the dirt away. I then saw a picture of a face on the round object with a plastic cover. That's when I realized it was a picture plate on a tombstone. Needless to say, I stopped digging immediately and notified the church. :(
wow defiantly different, can't Imagine finding the dentures, very cool finding the pair of rings..

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
I didn't dig it but found a basketball out in the middle of the woods about a mile from the nearest house or road.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Phillipine Centavo in my side yard. Quite a surprise as i live in the country, in North Idaho, on a county road and no sidewalks nearby so it wasn't lost by some passerby on the walk.
HH
Bill

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a deceased woman , in a playground .

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The strangest thing I found lately was a spoonfull of peanutbutter lying in a field,no one else around,and last week a Friend and I found a real nice firstaid kit,the kind that look like a fishing/tacklebox,bright orange and stock full of stuff.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just can't top the dead woman.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok how about a g-string in a tot lot .....it had a little $ charm on it thats what set the detector off.

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I found a head. It was one that hair cutting schools use to train beauticians. It was on top of the ground (thank god). Would hate to have dug on that. Gotta tell you those things look awfully real from 15 feet. It was in the woods/feild about 30 feet from a dirt road. Figure someone flunked out and decided to toss it...sure had the heart pumping.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol I'm sure that was enough to stop ya in your tracks huh mcmich , I'know that what scare the **** outa me to find a head in the woods.

OP
OP
Ricky1601 aka pull tab king
Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mcmich said:
I found a head. It was one that hair cutting schools use to train beauticians. It was on top of the ground (thank god). Would hate to have dug on that. Gotta tell you those things look awfully real from 15 feet. It was in the woods/feild about 30 feet from a dirt road. Figure someone flunked out and decided to toss it...sure had the heart pumping.
mcmich said:
Defiantly unusual, would've scared the crap out of me to....lol

S

stefen

Found a silver Navajo turquoise ring in my yard when rototilling the flower beds...all I could figure is that the property was a former orange grove and possibly lost by a Bracero fruit picker...

(Bracero is the name of a visitor agricultural worker program in the 60's and 70's)

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
I found a used pregnancy test thingy in a sportsman's access to a river campsite. Somehow this all seems to tie in now that I'm typing it.?????

S

stefen

silverswede said:
I found a used pregnancy test thingy in a sportsman's access to a river campsite. Somehow this all seems to tie in now that I'm typing it.?????

They're reusable if you can shake the P out of it :laughing7:

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was digging here in S. Korea, at a site that had produced a few older coins.
Got a signal, and dug....got a coin. But it was in very loose, deep black soil. So, I thought there might be a coin deeper then
my detector could signal, so I began to dig about 1 foot of soil off the top.
My shovel hit something, sounded hollow, so I slowed down. Began using my hand to scrape the soil off, and pretty soon I
saw the bottom of a vase staring back at me. Thought it was just a small piece, and so tried to move it. It wouldn't budge.
So began digging around it. It was a little over 12" tall, so it took a while to dig down around it. But, when I did there was a
95% complete old old vase, that had been positioned there, upside down. (Of course, when I was ready to lift it out of it's
hole, I was praying for coins to begin flooding out. But, no suck luck. And, the top of this vase was positioned on the bottom
of another vase.....but that was all there was to the second vase.....only the bottom. This was not a throw-away. These two
vases were put there, the one upside down on the other. Nothing inside it. Very strange.

dick99344

Apr 30, 2009
Othello, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf Pro PI, Whites M6
silverswede said:

Was digging a dime signal in a play ground at one of my city parks. While digging through the Bark fill, out came a Condom, in you guessed it, in used condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions