Ames True Temper 7 in 1 tool on sale....great digger stainless too

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Have bent several and while they have a guarantee, they will replace it. That's not much good when your out detecting and have a bent digger. Get a Lesche or a Predator, last digger you will have to buy.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smoman said:
I was reading the forums and someone recommended the Ames True Temper digger for detecting. I went to lowes to buy this and it was $13 bucks.....go to Home depot to get something for the house and they have tons of them on clearance for $3.70. That is a steal....for stainless let alone a good digger.

Hope this is useful for some,
Smo

I've gone through two of these... the first one was lost by an old acquaintance. They really are great tools, and have did just fine for me, even in the extremely rocky soil of Missouri.

Thanks for the head's up Smo! I'm going to head to the nearest Home Depot tomorrow to see if they're on clearance here also. If so, I'll probably buy a bunch. There's also a sheath that works just fine with them that's made by a tool company called Corona. I bought all of my tools and stuff at Lowes.

Bran <><

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Lesche but lately I let my brother in law us it and I haven't gotten it back. Those that have read my posts know all about my brother in law.

Lately I have been using the Fiskar Big Grip trowel and it is very good at the price.

Attachments

• Fiskers 7079 Big Grip Garden Knife.jpg
    Fiskers 7079 Big Grip Garden Knife.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 764
  • Fiskers 7079 Big Grip Garden Knife.jpg
    Fiskers 7079 Big Grip Garden Knife.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 703

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman said:
I like the Lesche but lately I let my brother in law us it and I haven't gotten it back. Those that have read my posts know all about my brother in law.

Lately I have been using the Fiskar Big Grip trowel and it is very good at the price.
I have one of one of these , it works good.

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smoman said:
I was reading the forums and someone recommended the Ames True Temper digger for detecting. I went to lowes to buy this and it was $13 bucks.....go to Home depot to get something for the house and they have tons of them on clearance for $3.70. That is a steal....for stainless let alone a good digger.

Hope this is useful for some,
Smo

I bought one at Lowe's this week and got to try it today for a little bit. I like it.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I picked one up looks like it may do the trick.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Been using the fiskar tool for a little over 2 years and the handle finally broke off it a couple of weeks ago. Went to Lowes and got the true teper tool for 13 bucks wish I had seen this post so I could have checked at home depot 2 blocks away..

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shootist said:
Been using the fiskar tool for a little over 2 years and the handle finally broke off it a couple of weeks ago. Went to Lowes and got the true teper tool for 13 bucks wish I had seen this post so I could have checked at home depot 2 blocks away..

The fiskar I bought was lifetime warranty. You might be able to get it replaced or refunded. I've never had any problems with my fiskar T-handled edger, but it is a long-handled tool.

-Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread