Help Please

matters

Nov 9, 2009
Eastern WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
I'm new to the forum and am currently looking to buy a metal detector. I want to spend no more the $450.00 on a metal detector. What comes to mind in this price range. I will be mostly searching for coins and relics in wv. I am interested in the minelab x-terra 50 right now. Is this a good detector? Any help would be appreciated. I am open to any and all brands. Please Help Thanks Matters

Upvote 0

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure there are better detectors than my ACE 250, but it was about $225. Very easy for a beginner. Good luck!

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
I would consider getting the Minelab Xterra 505, or the 305 if you cant go the extra. I have had an ACE 250, and it's a very, very good detector. Dont let the looks fool ya. I had more luck with it in my first week, than I have had with my new 705 ;D Probably not looking it the right places is all. If you stuck on the price you posted and cant go the extra mile for the 505, or the 705. Then I would buy a Ace 250, and a Good pinpointer. I prefer the Detector Pro, Pistal Probe. Or you can get the Xterra 305, which people say as as good as the xterra 70. Also You can go with the xterra 30, and an extra coil.

Get you a good digger, the only way to go is the Lesche.

Ace 250, Plus a good pinpointer. Dont get the Automax. Get the Garrett, or the Pistal probe, and a Lesche.
Or Xterra 30 + extra coil.

If you can any way possibly get the 505, just a C note more. Or save and get the 705. ;D

OP
OP
matters

matters

Nov 9, 2009
Eastern WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
I ordered a minelab x-terra 50 today. What do you think? Talked on the phone with kelly co. for awhile and decided on this one. Don't think I could beat it for the price $299

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Garretts or Whites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread