Thames and Field (detecting club )

DOGMAN ( U.K )

Oct 26, 2009
Devon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
If you want a real history lesson and marvel at the finds made, then check out www.thamesandfield.co.uk
The River Thames has some amazing history dating back way before the birth of christ. As It's a tidal river, it reveals some amazing coins and artifacts constantly. BUT, they are not easily found, and require a lot of hard work.

Upvote 0

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
DOGMAN ( U.K ) said:
If you want a real history lesson and marvel at the finds made, then check out www.thamesandfield.co.uk
The River Thames has some amazing history dating back way before the birth of christ. As It's a tidal river, it reveals some amazing coins and artifacts constantly. BUT, they are not easily found, and require a lot of hard work.

Try telling that to Crusader, he turned over a rock and found a hammered :D

OP
OP
DOGMAN ( U.K )

DOGMAN ( U.K )

Oct 26, 2009
Devon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
;D Sometimes I wish I still lived in London. Anywhere in the country produces more finds than Devon, especially Roman. :BangHead:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
DOGMAN ( U.K ) said:
;D Sometimes I wish I still lived in London. Anywhere in the country produces more finds than Devon, especially Roman. :BangHead:

Anywhere except where I live :(

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now why not mention the restrictions on detecting on the Thames ?

Areas you cannot detect on full stop. Areas you can detect when you have paid for a license but not dig holes in being restricted to the top few inches.

Re Devon there's good finds to be made all over the county. I lived there for several years and there's land finds to be made from all periods including Roman. The beaches are excellent and there's not only modern coin and ring finds but some wreck sites exposed at low tide.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
U.K. Brian said:
Now why not mention the restrictions on detecting on the Thames ?

Areas you cannot detect on full stop. Areas you can detect when you have paid for a license but not dig holes in being restricted to the top few inches.

Re Devon there's good finds to be made all over the county. I lived there for several years and there's land finds to be made from all periods including Roman. The beaches are excellent and there's not only modern coin and ring finds but some wreck sites exposed at low tide.

I think the 3" rule has been changed now :wink:

OP
OP
DOGMAN ( U.K )

DOGMAN ( U.K )

Oct 26, 2009
Devon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Yes, the beaches are good, but the amount of Roman finds are few compared to other counties. Now I've had my super dooper scooper, made I'll be digging some lovely holes on the beaches. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread