Roswell

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Hiya, mumszie and greetings from S of ya.....in Carlsbad.

I've not made it up to Roswell yet (only been detecting a couple of months), but it seems like the last time I was N of Roswell, I saw a touristy-kinda sign for the crash area. Who knows what a simple stop by and asking "Can I run my detector around here?" would result in?? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

HH, ya'll!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well Hi TX I don't live in NM anymore but that is where I met my husband in 1958. I don't remember any thing about aliens or spaceships when I used to live out there. I actually lived in Dexter and I've been to Carlsbad a couple of times. My dad and my husband were both stationed at Walker AFB back then. We are planning a trip back out there in May sometime and of course I am bringing my machines with me... ya just never know! We used to go to "Bottomless Lake" a lot when we were dating. There used to be a swimming place there and I actually had a summer job there at one time. I thought I would ask about the possibility of hunting out there too. ::)

bobm31

Dec 18, 2005
Rowlett, TX (Dallas)
mumszie said:
Well Hi TX? ?I don't live in NM anymore but that is where I met my husband in 1958.? I don't remember any thing about aliens or spaceships when I used to live out there.? I actually lived in Dexter and I've been to Carlsbad a couple of times.? My dad and my husband were both stationed at Walker AFB back then.? We are planning a trip back out there in May sometime and of course I am bringing my machines with me... ya just never know!? We used to go to "Bottomless Lake" a lot when we were dating.? There used to be a swimming place there and I actually had a summer job there at one time.? I thought I would ask about the possibility of hunting out there too.? ?::)

I was stationed at Walker AFB in 1951 to 1953. I never even heard or thought about "flying saucers and aliens" while I was there. Strange, since it happened in 1947 just four years earlier.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Just remember, mumszie, all dug alien RAY guns are considered TOP secret ;D

Attachments

• raygun.jpg
    raygun.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 279

Scarecrow

Oct 6, 2004
New Mexico
The actual "debris field" is about 90 miles northwest of Roswell, near the town of Corona. The "crash site" is even further away.....southwest of Socorro. The only reason Roswell is really associated with it is because the debris was taken to Walker AFB. I'm not sure who owns the property now, I'm sure you could find out in Roswell. I think the debris field is a tourist attraction of sorts, now, so you might well be able to search it.

Z

ZumbroKid

Story is the metal was an unknown type. Would our detectors even pick it up.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
When any alien material is passed under the coil of a Tesoro it plays the entire theme music from 2001: A Space Odyssey

I really wish they would have placed a switch on the detector to turn off the music. At times this can really get old.

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
Well if any of you all do end up hunting there, I am interested in any interositer parts you may find. Mine has developed a glitch

NanuNanu
and may the Swartz be with you
Saber

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to have relatives living in Roswell and Carlsbad. Most of the sites were nothing more than tourist traps back in the 1960s last time I was there. If they can't make a buck off of you they probably won't let you detect it. There was still a lot of talk going on last time I was out that way. I think the bits they did on The History Channel kinda' fired up interest again for a spell but I haven't read anythng contemporary in the newspapers or seen anything on TV. Monty

Z

ZumbroKid

They watch for aliens there still. The goverment has patrols on the border.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
For those of you who didnt realize it, UFO's are made out of pulltabs. As you can see many of them have crashed and we are picking up the pieces every day :)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atta' girl Gypsy, now you're beginning to think like me! They ring up on your detector like a nickel because they are of some alien metal disguised as aluminum. Excellent! Monty

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Klaatu said:
Most UFO debris I have found shows as a pull tab or screw cap. Some craft from Alpha Centauri show as foil.

Drat! "Foiled" again! :P

Actually, Roswell now has a major UFO festival around the 4th of July (I think) each year. It's attended by major crowds and is pretty darn outrageous. They also have a UFO museum or 3 semi-seriously dedicated to UFO research. Last, but by far not least, they have a UFO diner that serves some "out of this world" bar-b-que (personal experience here!)!

HH, ya'll! And may the "farce" be wif' ya! ;D

jreamy4

Oct 6, 2005
South Carolina
Hmmmmmm.......many smart a** comments come to mind......but since I can't decide on just one.......I'll shut up :)

PS Those shows on the history channel had guys going out digging pits and sifting the dirt thru screens, so If E.T's spare clad had been lost there, I expect it would have already been found.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well! This post has generated some great comments. As to all of Mr. Alien's spare change being long gone.... that's ok. What about the spare change of all the folks that dig all those pits on the 4th? ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread