Is It Just Me Or Do I Smell A Returned Item..... H E L P!!!

heavymetal

Nov 10, 2005
SEA - Philippines
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
Is It Just Me Or Do I Smell A Returned Item..... H E L P!!!

I really have a bad feeling about this coil I got from KELYCO
well I got my DD coil this evening and upon further inspection heres what I found:

1: The bottom coil looks suspicious, the color is greyish compared to the stock coil on my GTP1350 which is smooth black. I'm not sure if its because their two different coil thats why they have different surface. My guess is they cleaned it and tried layering it with epoxy.

2: The plug from the coil to the detector. The picture says it all, and why is there a pink paint on it

3: The scratches on the coil itself, looks like they used a black sharpie to cover the scratches

I paid $168 for this coil and at a $168 I expected something new, its not like we pull $168 behind our @ss and thats it. It come from hard work.

Now do you think KELYCO will ship me a brand new one and include a pre paid shipping box so I can ship this "used" one back to them? Cause I ain't paying 2 more shippings!!! + I'm leaving the country next week

I really need everyones advise whether you had a problem with "THEM" before or not.

Thanks a bunch

Attachments

• ddcoil_problem.jpg
    ddcoil_problem.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 401
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do I Smell A Returned Item..... H E L P!!!

I wouldn't Jump to Conclusions, on WHO did it.
It May have Been a Bad Factory job.
Years ago I worked in a Shoe Factory & we used Markers
To Fix Mistakes.
? Needless to say, The Company Didn't fare well doing that,
and is LONG out of Buisness.
? ?Anyway, I'm not sure on the Return Shipping, But give them a Call,
and ask for JW. They have always Done Good By Me.
? ? Give him a Link to this Thread? ?http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,27210.msg181705.html#msg181705

IF he needs to see Pictures.

GOOD LUCK
let us know what happens.
? ? ?JEFF

OP
OP
heavymetal

heavymetal

Nov 10, 2005
SEA - Philippines
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70

Thanks you sir for that info and I'm gonna give 'em a call right now >:(

OP
OP
heavymetal

heavymetal

Nov 10, 2005
SEA - Philippines
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
Re: Do I Smell A Returned Item..... H E L P!!!.......... Update!!!!

Well I called the person who took my order and she's from the International Department since my case is a bit complicated. I sent her an email last night with pictures. She and her supervisor was also shocked to see why would they shipped something like that in that condition! I mean WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING!!!!!!?????
In short they are sending me a new one hopefully by Saturday and I emphasized that this time I hope to get a brand new one, they said they'll make it a point!!!! Another + is they'll pay for the shipping on the bad coil too ;)

So props to the people in the INTERNATIONAL DEPARTMENT ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad to Hear Of their Response.

Happy Hunting !

Jeff

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes it happens.

Was this an accident or on purpose? we'll never know. It does look fishy with the marker touch-up and all.

It's too bad you had to experience this and lose hunting time. Just be thankfull that your used (or damaged) item was obvious and there's such a place as the forum to back you up.?

I'll bet the next one they send will be so new the glue won't be dry yet? ;D

Nuff said? ;)

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

I've had good AND bad service from Kellyco. When I've gone over there personally, they follow you around and watch you like a hawk but... when it comes time to pay for what you want.... everyone is too busy to wait on you. However, I've ordered things through the mail and get great service. Go figure!

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006

I ordered my detector from Kellyco last year and the box wasn't sealed and had been cut off at the end. I believed it to not be new and I told them that. They paid for the shipping of the detector back to them and sent me a NEW one in a sealed box with the instruction booklet which as missing from the first one. So they made it right by me,but I do think if they get a chance to get rid of a product that is a second or already opened, they do try to sell it as new sometimes. Just pay attention to the items you receive. If you have a problem, they will resolve the issue.

TOWcritter

It looks like they may have reparied someone elses coil and put the wrong shipping label on it. Their customer service has done right by me on 2 seperate occasions. Good Luck. Post some pics of your finds soon!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Pennyworth said:
I ordered my detector from Kellyco last year and the box wasn't sealed and had been cut off at the end.? I believed it to not be new and I told them that.? They paid for the shipping of the detector back to them and sent me a NEW one in a sealed box with the instruction booklet which as missing from the first one.? ?So they made it right by me,but I do think if they get a chance to get rid of a product that is a second or already opened, they do try to sell it as new sometimes.? Just pay attention to the items you receive.? If you have a problem, they will resolve the issue.

Yes I agree. In fact, I think it's not only KellyCo that does this.

Many people buy a machine and without bothering to learn it they want their money back. Others simply buy things they really can't afford. So the dealer gets these back. He can't send them back to the company so he puts a new coil cover on it, cleans the knobs, etc., and off it goes. If the guy who gets it complains, he gets a new machine replacement sent out fast. But I think most people would just keep it.

My new Tesoro showed signs of being taken out of the box at sometime in the past. It may have been a demonstrator ?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hate to bad mouth any company, but I won't ever order from the one mentioned because of these things. Many items get returned and a dealer, NOT ALL, will ship a demo as new or a returned machine. Sure it's possible it left the factory this way, but don't bet on it. This is why I stress buying from a store with a real person that will inspect the detector infront of you and show you how it works, etc. Course some people won't drive that far and mail order for one since they are in the belief UPS never drops anything.

Mail order is ok so long as you can trust the operator that has been in business a while. Some have done exceptional service and they will not ship you junk. Phone information is availabe if you usually ask nicely.

I used to work at a few good sized metal detector shops. They had all the major brands and the prices were good too considering the customer got one on one instruction and inspection of what was in the box alnong with follow up service. Many detectorist would come in the store that didn't purchase their machine there and needed help with operation or something. Sorry to say, service was refused in 90% of the cases. I got tired of this and left. This does the hobby no good and leaves a sour taste in peoples mouth.

Just my thoughts,

Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions