MD hard-case Idea.

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Might try a used hard case for a guitar. Take the machine apart at the slip joint and fold it in half. You can make a compartment in the remaining part of the neck for your batteries, digger, gloves and what-not. Use high density foam to create a snug environment for the machine. And because it doesn't stack very well, guitars tend to end up on top of everything else when you fly! And you won't get asked "What's in the case?" everytime you turn around!

My 2500 fits perfectly in the case for my guitar. I just need to get a good used case to convert.

My two month old Kodiak digital camera just quit working or I would post a pic. It won't even turn on... what a piece of junk! >:(

Anyway, what do you guys think of the idea? ???

Upvote 0

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Great idea, but I think they search everything at the airports now, even stuff going in the cargo hold. so they would still check it and take your detector out and look in the case. but a great idea if you dont want people asking questions :)

Nicksan

Nov 17, 2005
So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Stock and 6" coils
Whites M6 & MXT, Super 12 & 6x8 Detech coils
Miccus Bluetooth headphones & Ratphones
Lesche
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would work, I have 2 Guitar cases I tried but didnt go that route because I am looking for something that will hold the Detector completely assembled so I can whip it out fast.

OP
OP
DigEmAll

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
Yeah Nicksan, it is actually a really nice fit! And you can get everything you need in the case. Now, I just need to find an extra hard case. Guess I'll strat hitting pawnshops. I want one mostly to keep my machine from getting bashed around so much in my Jeep while getting to some of the spots that I hunt. As a bonus, it'll make flying it a lot easier!

:D :D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions