Whites V3 Vs. XLT worth upgrading

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its better than the XLT and the DFX... BUT, and there's always a but, is it improved enough to justify the price.

In my case I've better wet sand detectors, better plough/heavy iron contamination machines and deeper machines for pasture.
This means you having a few machines to cover all the bases but safeguards against breakdown's and you always have a spare machine to loan out if someone wants to come detecting with you. I sold my V3 to someone who was travelling through Europe for six months and it served him well. On returning home he did sell the Whites on and now has a high power P.I. for the wet sand backed up by a Sovereign plus a T2 for land use.

I still have and use my old XLT. No good for wet sand areas and the concentric coil does tend to mask out targets so I do select the sites I use it on with care but its still a great machine. I your case, as your happy with the results your getting, would carry on and in the meantime try out a few other detectors and there's several machines coming on the market soon which should put pressure on for a price reduction on existing models.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ppratt, we have a respected member here on TNet that recently made the swtch from a DFX to the V3. He is from the northwestern part of our great commonwealth. Send Schrecky a pm for his thoughts.

habs

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I would have to say that the learning curve on the V-3 is greater than any of White's machine.. plus the pre-sets are set so "hot" that you have to tone it down fairly far to not go nuts while trying to learn it. It is a VERY good, but also very complicated machine. I say this both as white's dealer and as a loyal White's user of 18 years. I must admit though, I have contemplated retiring my trusty XLT for the V-3 though.... I am curious to take to to places I have "hunted out" and see if it picks up things my LXT couldn't reach...... I have one fairly small church lot that comes to mind...

Having said all this, if you choose to go with the V-3, please let me know and we may be able to work out a deal... I have great prices on all White's machines!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread