XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I understand it Tesoro needed a new supplier for the waterproof coil connectors.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
As I understand it Tesoro needed a new supplier for the waterproof coil connectors.
Yep, I'm still waiting for mine to be repaired. They've had it since April. :'(

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
willie d said:
Sandman said:
Yep, I'm still waiting for mine to be repaired. They've had it since April. :'(

You have got to be kidding me, they have had your detector since April, and it's now 5 days before Christmas and your still waiting for it........... :dontknow: :BangHead: :dontknow:

Man, and people use to give Minelab grief when it took 3-4 weeks to get one back..........

M

michigan michael

Sounds like they better step up customer service and at least offer a loner if repairs take that long. Bad business. :protest:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just can't slap on any old part if they don't have one in the first place. But it does seem a long time to find someone to make your missing part. Phone them..........

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke to Vince in July. He informed me about the connector problem. I asked about a ballpark time frame. He told me he had been telling customers 2 weeks and it has been turning into 2 months.....

I told him I was a patient and understanding guy and had other detectors to keep me occupied. My Silver Umax found my avatar at the end of August and in September I purchased a used Sov Gt and recently put a WOT coil on it.

I emailed them last week, haven't heard from them yet. A phone call will follow.

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
Bought mine for the lifetime warranty. Didn’t think it would take a lifetime to get it fixed. :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that is why you have a backup.....Never know when you will need it. Willie has the Sov GT with the WOT which is a fantastic wet sand detector, if waterproofed it is great in the surf.......

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow..that is a long time...Thought Tesoro had the best customer relations in the business...

redpgmr

Jul 1, 2008
CT
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver U MaX
I heard they have discontinued the Tiger Shark & the Sand Shark models.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
redpgmr said:
I heard they have discontinued the Tiger Shark & the Sand Shark models.

I doubt they have discontinued them, there is nothing showing up on a search and they are Tesoros only water detectors, also still listed on Tesoro's main website....Maybe your thinking of the Stingray & Stingray II which were discontinued several years ago.........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has nothing to do with customer service. If they have the part, you'll get it installed quickly and sent right back to you. The Tiger and Sand Shark are not discontinued.

diver420

Nov 1, 2006
Something is going on with Tesoro. The company has been using the same excuse about one part not being avaliable, for about a year now. Come on, with modern plastic molding these days, you would think they would have some cranked out to at least do the repairs. Heck, they could probably have a brass part machined on a CNC to at least get the repairs going. I'm starting to wonder if it's something more than a supply shortage. I hope they aren't going broke, I have a Tiger Shark and i'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have any repairs needed on it.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was talking to a dealer today..and he told me figures Tesoro may be coming out with a underwater detector and he can't even get a Tiger or Sand Shark..Guess time will tell!!!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dealer here has told me the same thing , no water machines are coming out of Tesoro , havent been any since May an Tesoro wont say when they will start puting them out again .Sad part is even the used ones arent coming in to be sold or traded.....Sad part is theres guys like me just waiting to get my hands on a water machine before the swimming weather starts .

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
There is a silver lining to this situation...

Those of us that already have them will have less competition next year! :laughing7:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jersey devl said:
There is a silver lining to this situation...

Those of us that already have them will have less competition next year! :laughing7:
LOL

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
My dealer here has told me the same thing , no water machines are coming out of Tesoro , havent been any since May an Tesoro wont say when they will start puting them out again .Sad part is even the used ones arent coming in to be sold or traded.....Sad part is theres guys like me just waiting to get my hands on a water machine before the swimming weather starts .

Tank,

Lots of good, used Excals for sale.... :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread