PRIZM II

Shiftlngsands

Greenie
May 25, 2004
Oswego NY
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III
i have the prism 3 which is the same machine but with the depth meter you max is about 6-8 inches or so anything more and the target ID is off i just walked into the house 5 minutes ago from detecting and i find the prism easy to use cheap price and effective at locating coins just remember slow coil sweep 2+ seconds per sweep is a good speed

T

The Rock

spider24 you sound like your running to much sensitivity or your not ground balanced right.
if its a turn on and go get a feel for it before you play with any settings
Goodluck.

Gretchen

Aug 2, 2004
Hi,
The current issue of Western & Eastern Treasure Magazine for September 2004 has the full article on field testing of the Prizm IV. That machine is similiar to yours with a couple of upgrades. The complete article is available online. I purchased a Prizm II myself this summer and learning how to use it. I mostly coin shoot in the playgrounds with it. Reading the article has helped me to understand my machine better. Gretchen.

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Whites has a really good support program on their web sight. So does kellyco. I read the manual a bunch of times before I got the hang of my whites. Just as was already said though , get a feel for it before you start to tinker with the settings. Most whites are really easy to set up, but not so easy to straiten out once you've made adjustments. HH and good luck.

P

pnjarizona

I also purchased a Prizm II this summer and used it at home and on the beach during several trips. I have to say, it worked pretty well on the beach in the dry sand (doesn't do well in wet sand)....it discriminated most of the nails out and I found a lot of new coins. My fraustration was, I went to older sites, and wasn't able to find any old coins??? I broke down and purchased an MXT about a month ago....have I found old coins? Yes, but only about four wheatback pennies....no silver yet!!! But I'm still learning how the MXT works and the settings. My suggestion is that if you know you want more out of a detector than Prizm can offer and you have the $, and you know you will use the thing, buy up. I kept the Prizm and have had my kids out with me on occasion.

"I try to remember that my family comes first and if you do the same, you will have a family to come home to". I wrote this because a receint metal detector buddy told me he saw a Dr. Phil with the husband spending all his time MDing with his Explorer; it wasn't the root of their marriage difficutlties.....but it didn't help.

P

pnjarizona

Just a follow up to my last post above. I was out this morning with my MXT for about two hours and hit on a strong signal showing quarter and it was a quarter about 4" deep....it was a 1894 S Barber Quarter.....my first silver...YEA....and what a find. For what its worth...the Prizm would probably have found it too. Good hunting.

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Very nice find, pnjarizona. Doesn't look like it's in too bad of shape, either. Keep it up. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions