a new hunting location

porchdawg

Nov 7, 2005
Warner Robins, GA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTA 1350
I am from central Georgia. On the news last night there was something about the GCB (Georgia Corrections Board) planning to move from Atlanta to Forsyth Ga. The new site is that of an old female college built in the late 1800's. In the past this site has been padlocked. I am hoping to be able to get permission from someone to do some MD here. Do you have any idea of what avenue to begin asking permission. Should it be from the state or local officials. I have a gut feeling this would be a sweet spot to hunt. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Thanks for the tip. I think I'll head over there tomorrow. I'll let you know if I find anything. ;D

Seriously, I would advise you to keep stuff like this under your hat. But since the cat is out of the bag ...

Start by finding out who owns the land. If it is state owned you might start with the state Bureau of Prisons (or whatever it is called). They may have a caretaker for the property - that may be a better place to start.

Good luck. Let us know what you find. (I hate to tell you but I think the girls from the female college are long gone. :( )

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
If they are moving it to Forsyth, it will probably be a part of GPSTC. Go there and ask the Commander if it is going to be part of his operations. If so, ask him for permission to hunt prior to the start of operations. It will most likely be a closed facility after they start working there. If not, I bet he is in the know about who you need to get in contact with! Or, you could contact the current director of GCB and ask him for permission if he is going to still be the director when they move. The key is to have a name to drop when asked if you have permission!

OP
OP
porchdawg

porchdawg

Nov 7, 2005
Warner Robins, GA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTA 1350
Trust me Klaatu the girls have been long gone. Some are probably grandparents now. As for as letting the cat out this area is huge more than 1 guy could possibly cover by oneself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread