Upvote 0

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am assuming your land hunting? When land hunting I have learned not to use my hands as much any longer as the digging tools due most of the work. I use those real cheap plastic coaled gloves you can get at the flea market 12 for 3.00 bucks this makes it easy to just throw them away. But try and get a tool that scoops the dirt out rather than reach in with you hand. I use a old wooden handled ice cream scoop. Then its the pinpointer that finds the target. My gloves last a couple of weeks at a time. In the water I use to by those rubber fishing gloves that strap around you back go all the way to the shoulder,they cost 40 bucks and if you don't dry them after each use they stick together and can't be pulled apart with out holes. I now use cheap rubber gloves that only go halfway to the elbow with cheap brown cotton gloves underneath. I have learned not to reach in the water when its 23 degrees out here in NJ during the winter.
steve

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I am a lady, I really want to keep my hands, well, nice. :) I already look funny enough wearing my new coveralls outside. It's a tad chilly in Texas.
:laughing7:
apush

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been cold and wet down here in Texas lately so I had to break out the SealSkinz.

Just goggle SealSkinz and I am sure they have a pair to suit you.

btw they are proud of their gloves @ $40+ depending on the model.

when its just cold and dry I use the leather & spandex insulated ones from Dollar General that I pick up for about 4 bucks, tight fit and last a long time.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a female (note, I did not say "lady"), but I just cannot work with gloves.

I don't really worry much about my nails, though, because my guitar usually does them in.

If I want to dress up, with nice nails, I glue them on for the occasion!

B

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
I'm a female (note, I did not say "lady"), but I just cannot work with gloves.

I don't really worry much about my nails, though, because my guitar usually does them in.

If I want to dress up, with nice nails, I glue them on for the occasion!

B
Ha! You are indeed a trooper we just love you here at the camp.

I have to apologize apush I was just joking.

Canman

Dec 6, 2009
Scottsboro AL
Detector(s) used
Omega8000, Silver Umax
I always where gloves.I get the auto mechanic gloves at the parts store .They are not water proof ,but the will hunt a long time if the ground is just damp.They wear easy and fit well.I'm a auto tech during the week ,so my hands get cut and beat up enough at work.

SWEATYSOCK

Feb 14, 2008
Cumbria
Detector(s) used
Quattro
I have the Sealskinz too for the cold weather,they can be a bit "numb" when adjusting your control pad but so are cold hands and you can always take your gloves off !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread