VIBRA PROBE 580 PULSE PINPOINTER - Anyone use this?

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
camcolo said:
I was hedging towards a DX-1, but also wanted to get feedback on this pinpointer. It is a PI type. Good, average? Thanks

For my money, the Vibra Probe is the best.

I recently added the SunRay Invader probe to my DFX 300, and during my last relic outing, preferred the Vibra Probe.

It is durable, comfortable, and just sensitive enough to pinpoint your targets effectively.

Good with battery life too.

:icon_thumright:

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Hey cam,,, I got one under the christmas tree this year ,, have not had a chance to use it yet, but have heard nothing but good about it so far.

And by the way it is p.i.,,,cant wieght to get out and try it,,, when the wheather warms up a bit!!

arthur,,,,, :coffee2:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Can any one tell me what kind of depth you get on the Vibra prob 580 ...Or does any one have one ?..... All i hear about now is Garretts Pro pointer and Detector Pros Pistol prob.

Attachments

• vibraprobe580.jpg
    vibraprobe580.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 923

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i'm not sure about the 580 but i have the vibra probe 560 and i only get about an inch outa mine, i do like the fact that it's 100% waterproof but most of the time i use my cen tech to get more reach.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes that is what i thought for a PI it gets no depth at all...

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I also use a VP ( older model)

Have had it for years and never had a problem with it.

Some folks want a pinpointer that can reach out 3 inches or more. I do not. I want it to pinpoint the target and that is what VP does. It only reaches out an inch or so, but that is exactly what I want it to do. Being water proof is a plus also.

Ray S ECenFL

goodmore

Nov 12, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Vibraprobe 580. It is a nice pinpointer with I would say about 2 inches in depth. One nice feature is the fact you can hose it off. I hunt with a Sovereign and the 580 would drive my detector nuts with EMI. The Garrett does nothing to my detector in that way at all. I guess because it is a PI unit. It has been my experience that EMI is always worse on a multi frequency detector. I wish I could have used it because I really did like it. Nice and quiet. No switch just tilt. Two nice features. One last thing I will say is that the actual depth is better than an air test just like a true PI unit.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Vibraprobe 560 and it is an excellent pinpointer...It is waterproof...and the best feature for me is that it detects targets only from the tip of the probe and not along the shaft which makes for more accurate and easier target recovery. It is also very durable. The Vibraprobe 580 has a couple of extra features such as the low battery light and manual shutoff. It is worth the money.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The Vibra Probe is a pinpointer, not a detector. It was designed to reach out only a short distance so that it could indicated the location of an object in a confined area and at that it does an excellent job.
I have the Vibra-Tector which I use in hunting the shallow areas from the beach to about 10' out with a mask and snorkel. I seem to have this area to myself after 6PM. This unit is a true PI detector. It was used Mel Fisher in his treasure hunting. It will reach out about 6" and has variable signal vibration.It looks like a probe that was bent app.45* and had a 4.5" coil added.

If you have a good detector and know how to use it you don't need a pinpointer that will reach more than2"!

Dietze

Oct 6, 2013
I find the vibration probe 580 is significantly worse than the Garrett PP. The all round search by Garrett PPis a big advantage. The deep search with the garrett is almost twice as high as by the 580er. Too bad.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe Garrett should make a waterproof pinpointer.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hedging towards a DX-1, but also wanted to get feedback on this pinpointer. It is a PI type. Good, average? Thanks
The main reason for getting a VibraProbe 580 pin pointer is for using it under water. It's a well built, rugged, quality piece. If you want a pin pointer with lots of depth, this isn't the one. You'll get at least an inch on a small coin and more with a larger item but it doesn't have the depth of other pin pointers. I found the UniProbe has the best depth of the ones I've tried. It's also the most expensive.

Crusty penny

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesaro sand shark
Vibra tector 730
Garret ace 250 DD coil
Vibra probe 580 (pin pointer)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love my vibra probe and my vibra tector 730

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main reason for getting a VibraProbe 580 pin pointer is for using it under water. It's a well built, rugged, quality piece. If you want a pin pointer with lots of depth, this isn't the one. You'll get at least an inch on a small coin and more with a larger item but it doesn't have the depth of other pin pointers. I found the UniProbe has the best depth of the ones I've tried. It's also the most expensive.
I also have the uniprobe, it gets .5 to 6 inches depending on how you adjust it. It is a great pinpointer..

reednc

May 23, 2012
Columbus, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been using a VP for over 2 years now. The ON/OFF mechanism gets a little annoying but it works great and has been very durable. Being able to use it in the water is a big plus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread