Sunray DX-1: Ever send one in for repair? Good experience?

camcolo

Mar 17, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Whites Beach Hunter TDI
I am going to buy a DX-1, but I learned that warranty and service is very important. I know these are great pinpointers. I wanted to know if anyone has ever had to send one in for repair? Did they repair it or exchange it? Did you have to go through dealer or do you go directly to manufacturer? What was your experience? Did they resolve the issue or repair it quickly? Did you experience any friction in getting satisfaction? What is your warranty on this item? I also posted this on the Whites forum since I am a DFX'r.

Thanks Curt

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had to send one in for repair. Dealers don't repair things, they send them in just like you do and this adds another wrinkle to the shipping where it can go astray. Best to send it in yourself.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most common problem is a bad switch and not too much to fix. Ralph is good to deal with. Have you contacted him to discuss the problem?

OP
OP
camcolo

camcolo

Mar 17, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Whites Beach Hunter TDI
I am just getting ready to order one (next week) and wanted to get any feedback people had. Yes, Ralph did answer a question on another Sunray product I was considering. After one bad experience (listening to a dealer), I always like to check. Thanks.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
camcolo said:
I am just getting ready to order one (next week) and wanted to get any feedback people had. Yes, Ralph did answer a question on another Sunray product I was considering. After one bad experience (listening to a dealer), I always like to check. Thanks.

I've been using Sunray probes for about 8 years now and wouldn't hesitate on the purchase of a new one, and did just that last year. (A new Explorer coil, couple shafts, and X-1 probe directly from Ralph)

Rd2nowr

Jan 2, 2008
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, IDX Pro, Sunray XL-1 Probe
I purchased a used XL-1 from a forum member who told me it was in perfect condition. It was not and it ended up costing me $ 115.oo bucks to have it repaired. Ralph did me right, though and replaced it for that price. So I got a new one for around retail price. I will always have one of these probes on my units. I just can't seem to go without it. Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions