how do you do it? digging frozen ground.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear terryinr.i:
You can find a large surplus turbine from a commercial airliner and mount it on a trailer with the exhaust posinting downwarda at a 45 degree angel. Every time you get a good signal, fire up the turbine for a minite or so and VOILA! The ground will be instantly thawed. And warm as toast to boot!
Your friend who has a solution for everything;
LAMAR

OP
OP
terryinr.i.

terryinr.i.

Mar 31, 2009
R.I.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace250. Tasoro Vaquaro.
lamar said:
Dear terryinr.i:
You can find a large surplus turbine from a commercial airliner and mount it on a trailer with the exhaust posinting downwarda at a 45 degree angel. Every time you get a good signal, fire up the turbine for a minite or so and VOILA! The ground will be instantly thawed. And warm as toast to boot!
Your friend who has a solution for everything;
LAMAR

i was thinking mabe a D8 or a excavater, how about a jackhammer. na, i will just wait for another couple months.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how do you do it? digging frozen ground.

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Attachments

• !wow.jpg
    !wow.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 582

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
try the woods...leaves keep the ground insulated, or

get a big axe

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well to be more stright forward to your question. How i did it and how a lot i know still do it is they take a hammer and chisel get a signal and go to it... But be sure to wear safety glasses.. John - Edmonton in the Garrett Forum he is up in Canada and he hunts year round ..... mcimch said use a big axe we have done that also but with a small hammer size ax.......

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin ThePast

I need one of those!

Pagosa Pete

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
I've used a hatchet. If the signal was in a frozen clump. I would break it until I thought there was a chance of damaging whats inside. I then just put the clump in my pouch until it thaws or I get home. I had to do that today and all that was in the clump was a clad dime.

Erdspiegel

Feb 7, 2009
Berlin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6a
XP-GmaxxII
Primary Interest:
Other
Rando said:
You risk damaging the item, and you damage the ground more than you would in thawed ground.

I agree with.
Too dangerous to thin coins,necklaces,silver spoons & forks.......

McIntosh

Feb 12, 2010
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX/Garrett ACE 250/Radio Shack/Bounty Hunter
The way I do it here>>> I have a 100 Watt 12volt power converter/supply that plugs into my smoke lighter, then with the car running AFTER I have a few frozen clods gathered, I plug in a hair dryer and melt away, with the clod sitting on top of a screen which is on top of a open 5 gallon bucket.

Screen/sifter catches/holds object(s), the rest melts into bucket to be disposed of, I rest nice & toasty drinking coffee AND it doesn't take but a couple of minutes so ya don't waste fuel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread