Cabin Fever

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I am going to go nuts! For the last three weeks it's been raining here. Only time it lets up is when I'm at work, LOL! A couple times it stopped for awhile, and by the time I got my gear together and strapped on, it started raining again!

I have a prime site with permission, ready to go, just two doors down from me, an old turn of the century house that has never been detected. I assume as much because a week ago I got the opportunity to detect for about 15 minutes and found two wheats and a merc right quick, both near the surface.

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ;) :) ;) :D ;D :D :o 8) ??? ??? :D :) ;)

Heck with it, I'm gonna tape up my speaker and go.....

Upvote 0

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Hang in there! I was able to sneak in about an hour between rains to detect Amazon park the other day. I live nearby. Had to keep to the high spots to stay out of the mud. Only found about $1.50 worth of clad but it helped ease MY cabin fever. They say no rain for tomorrow. Keep your detector at the ready! It's not getting dark till about 5:30. I may have to leave the farm early tomorrow. ;D Have another nearby park in mind. Won't take long to get there from the house. Don't expect to find silver unless it's in the form of jewelry. But just getting out this time of year is great. Good luck Jeffro.

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Yeah, thats my next purchase- got a few swimming holes I wanna hit this summer. Oregonians don't tan, they rust!

OK, so I got my fix.... lol! 20 cents, a dime, a silver ring, and a cool button, plus a bag full of assorted junk. What the hey- I can't wait to get down to the good stuff. This all came off the top 2 to 3 inches.... lots of trash here.

Hey Slow, would you mind a companion tomorrow? I'm free all day til 2. If you happen to be to the North, I know a great little park that produces old goodies, my oldest in there is an 1857 seated liberty dime.

Attachments

• button & ring.jpg
    button & ring.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 138

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread