run!----metal detectorist attack!!!...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am almost positive by viewing the video, they are on a club's seeded hunt. Swinging detectors wide and fast, no large scoops or shovels seen, there is a white line marking the end of one side of the field that no one crosses.

I have been on 15 seeded beach hunts, 5 hunts over a 3 day weekend period for 3 years in a row for 2007, 2008, and 2009 Great Southern Beach Shoot Out in Daytona Beach and they are a blast. Last years I came away with over $500 in prize money and finds.... There were over 200 hunters registered.

On seeded hunts if the seeded field is small it is very hetic and fast, there are prize tokens spread out on the field and none are buried real deep, object is to cover as much area as possible as quick as you can.

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
So being a hillbilly hidden way up in the mountains and oblivious to these sorts of antics, I have to ask... what is the attraction to these sorts of "shootoffs"? I make it my goal to stay as far away from anybody else as I can most of the time, and can't imagine paying an entry fee to hunt around a limited, seeded area in hopes of winning a cash prize for finding the mojo seed.

Is it just that there is nothing else to do or nowhere else to hunt? I don't get it? I'm not being sarcastic... I'm seriously curious. This just blows my mind that people would pay money to hunt through seeded sand like this. Call me naive if you want to... maybe I am... but this doesn't intrigue me at all.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya that video rocks looks like Heaven. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigwater said:
So being a hillbilly hidden way up in the mountains and oblivious to these sorts of antics, I have to ask... what is the attraction to these sorts of "shootoffs"? I make it my goal to stay as far away from anybody else as I can most of the time, and can't imagine paying an entry fee to hunt around a limited, seeded area in hopes of winning a cash prize for finding the mojo seed.

Is it just that there is nothing else to do or nowhere else to hunt? I don't get it? I'm not being sarcastic... I'm seriously curious. This just blows my mind that people would pay money to hunt through seeded sand like this. Call me naive if you want to... maybe I am... but this doesn't intrigue me at all.

Lets see, at the GSBSO there was approximately $16,000 in prize money, including a $5000 first prize, $1,500, $1,000, $750, $500, $400, $300. $250, $100 prizes, buried gold and silver jewelry, thousands of dollars in coins, and dozens of detectors given away as prizes for tokens, including Excaliburs, Tiger Sharks, Sand Shark, Beach Hunter 300, Infinium LS and other detectors, 2 50 oz bars of silver, gold coins, silver rounds, $200 scoops, and other prizes........Why would anyone want to win a new $1000+ detector or a $5000 cash prize......... :dontknow:

I'm not really sure why all the other hunters showed up, but I know why I did.........It was profitable and F-U-N :icon_thumright: :headbang:

Meatshootout.jpg
<----Yours truly...

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
Okay, I guess that makes sense. Thousands of dollars in cash and prizes could be a good incentive I suppose. Being a hermit and loner, this doesn't appeal to me one bit though.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BW,

Everyone enjoys different things....They always had a raffel for detectors, in 2008 the same gentleman won 3 different detectors, he kept one and sold 2 at the show.....

I wouldn't hunt that way everyday, but it was a blast with all the prizes.....I attended for 3 years, each of the 3 times the winner of the $5000 cash prize was revealed, they each one about fainted...

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I''d like to hire the lady in Purple... looks like she could mop a mean floor!!! :laughing9:

OP
OP
stasys

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
so I suppose lady in purple is 100% WINER! From now metal detecting backwards we can call-- LADY PURPLE STYLE--- if anybody will ask you why you hunt backwards you just simply smile!!! and don't explane anything why!!! you know...... YOU USE ----LADY PURPLE STYLE! YOUR SHORTEST WAY TO SUCCESS---IS LADY PURPLE STYLE!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nowheels7 said:
:D :D :D

I like the lady in the purple tops backwards technique :laughing7:

Still only a fraction of those that went on the rally we attended, it was like a nest of ants being poked with a stick. Plus not as funny as the guy in the trench of a hole, as deep as a grave, lots of people & an iron ring :D I nearly died when SS said 'you know what that is'.....he looked up & SS said 'a waste of F'ing time'. They had dug for 1.5 hours, 3 of them & they looked pretty hard! :D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
CRUSADER said:
nowheels7 said:
:D :D :D

I like the lady in the purple tops backwards technique :laughing7:

Still only a fraction of those that went on the rally we attended, it was like a nest of ants being poked with a stick. Plus not as funny as the guy in the trench of a hole, as deep as a grave, lots of people & an iron ring :D I nearly died when SS said 'you know what that is'.....he looked up & SS said 'a waste of F'ing time'. They had dug for 1.5 hours, 3 of them & they looked pretty hard! :D

Oh yeah, :D :D

I'm glad my little hoard of iron wasn't quite that deep :laughing9:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
davew0710 said:
check out their website: http://www.quartzsitemetaldetectingclub.com/
Looks like a nice club for zombie detectorists.

easy there thats MY club here in Quartzsite Arizona , an theres no need for bashing here , what your watching is probably the last of an hour end of a seeded hunt where most finds have been found an pickings have become very slim .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
davew0710 said:
check out their website: http://www.quartzsitemetaldetectingclub.com/
Looks like a nice club for zombie detectorists.

easy there thats MY club here in Quartzsite Arizona , an theres no need for bashing here , what your watching is probably the last of an hour end hunt where most finds have been found an pickings have become very slim .

No bashing on my part my friend, I enjoyed the seeded hunts myself........Most people here bashing have most likely never been in one I suspect.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say so TH since this looks like alot of other club hunts I've seen .

OP
OP
stasys

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
club can be very nice, people can be very nice to, but video is totally funny...., visually and philosophically! saying without offens. friendly Stasys

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
antlr-king said:
looks like a lot of searching but no finding. what is every one looking for?

antlr-king said:
looks like a lot of searching but no finding. what is every one looking for?

On seeded hunts, numbered tokens are buried, the tokens are for prizes. Look at my post above from, "Feb 02, 2010, 12:38:45 AM".

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude :hello: I was there! , it was the best hunt I ever was in.

silvestor

Mar 2, 2008
Chautauqua County, New York
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT w/Sun Ray Invader XL-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite is the guy in the black shirt and black pants From the beginning til 1:04.
Looks like he's at a Driving Range trying to get through a bucket of balls in record time. ::)
LOL Funny ... but at the same time I say "I sure hope I don't do that?" :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread