Owners of vacant houses...

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
How do you find them? There is no real estate sign and the house is vacant and boarded up. It has been on fire at some point as well. The yard is huge and would keep me busy for a while.

If anyone knows how to locate property owners via tax records or some other way, I would greatly appreciate a how to. Where to go, what to look for, who to talk to, etc.
Thanks and GL.

Upvote 0

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk to neighbors, go to the local tax records dept.. If you really want to hunt that property you'll find out. Getting permission might not be as easy.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
go to your local county courthouse and go to the appraisers office. they'll have on file
who owns the house, and address of owner. they probably won't have a phone # for the owner
but in a case like this you're better off to go talk to the owner face to face

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most counties have a Central Appraisal District with online records.

Just type in the address and you can usually find out more about a person then you want to.

JoeMoto

Jan 3, 2006
Oklahoma
I simply get the address and call the local tax assessor's office in my town. They usually give me the owner's contact info right over the phone.

KJ$IPW

Dec 6, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III, Whites 4900dl pro plus
try your county GIS dept, they can print out maps,aerials etc, an can also tell you the owners name, older aerials of this place could come in handy.
hh
Steve

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the "UT" in front of his name fooled me. I was thinking University of Tennessee

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the local county auditor's web site. Most have a property search feature and you can find the list of all current as well as previous owners. Not all web sites are created equal and some are better than others. Some counties don't even have this info posted so you'll have to go to their office to get the info. My county has a great search feature and all of the info you need is right at your fingertips.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet every state has an online website for county tax accessors office. You search using the "county name" accessors office...... Example "Orange county Florida tax accessors office".............Google is your best friend.....When you find the site, place the address in the search field and it will tell you who is paying the property taxes.

OP
OP
UTcoinshootR

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
You guys are all great. This is more info than I ever thought i would get. Thanks!

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Utcoinshooter, another way is to go to the building dept. tell then the address & they can look it up on the plat maps. I do this all the time & they will have the most updated material.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do I know you????????

UT as in Texas? Tennessee?
I only know one.

Attachments

• Tennessee-Volunteers-NCAA.jpg