Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keppy said:
Well i need a probe for there are times the coin is right out in the open covered in dirt and i can not find or see it. Then i turn on the pinpointer and i'll be darned there it is. It makes it lot faster and a lot more easy for me at times. I don't really find it to be a gimmic. I find it to be a help
Yeah, It's true man.
I used to think probes were just more garb to tote.
Now I freak if I don't have one.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mclmorizfat said:
I was actually going to post a little on this topic so this has been a huge help. I am curious at what the average depth is for a decent probe?(more for relic situations or deeper small items in an under grade homesite foundation)

I use the Detectorpro uniprobe, it is adjustible from 1/2 inch to 6 inches......

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
mclmorizfat said:
I was actually going to post a little on this topic so this has been a huge help. I am curious at what the average depth is for a decent probe?(more for relic situations or deeper small items in an under grade homesite foundation)

I use the Detectorpro uniprobe, it is adjustible from 1/2 inch to 6 inches......

But no disc.!

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder what is a durable probe that would take a beating from extensive field work ? Spring ,Summer and Fall until the

ground freezes.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardy said:
I wonder what is a durable probe that would take a beating from extensive field work ? Spring ,Summer and Fall until the

ground freezes.

Don't know, I buy my equipment for performance, durability if it has it is just a bonus.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardy said:

ground freezes.

Detectorpro is very durable, easy to use, adjustible depth 1/2 to 6 inches, attaches to your detector as your detector's headset, and you can't forget and leave it laying on the ground....http://www.detectorpro.com/uniprobe.htm

JoeMoto

Jan 3, 2006
Oklahoma
nyiangelo said:
Get a vibraprobe. I sent mine in for an upgrade and it's the pits detecting without it.

I have a 560 that is broken, so I bought a lightly used 570. How much was the upgrade? I may send in the 560 if it's worth it.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
It was $40 I think. But with the upgrade it now comes with a shut off feature. Which is perfect because I always had a lot of interference with my SE. Someone let me borrow an older model pin pointer in the mean time. I don't remember what brand it was but, it had my crying for the vibraprobe.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hardy said:
I was wondering if it could be that the Double D coils and the new types of coils on to days market that enable the coil

to have a wider spread of detection of targets { a good thing} has sacrificed more accurate pin pointing that the older

style of coils that used a more conical field of detection ???

Not if you know how to use a DD coil. Find the target with narrow sweeps and then move 90º and repeat. Where they intersect is a 2" x 2" spot your target lies beneath.

The pinpointers allow you to hunker down and turn a plug and not need to rise again to resweep. Also to check the hole for multiples before you stand up. With the Sun Ray you can even leave your headphones on (and no one hears your "beeps" - which brings in gawkers like yelling "MONEY!")

50 year old knees are more likely the reason for pinpointers than new detector developments. :wink:

Monkeywrangler2

Feb 12, 2010
I like the Propointer as it speeds up collection time for me. It also gives a good indication of depth on the surface to make for smaller holes dug.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie P. (NY) said:
Hardy said:
I was wondering if it could be that the Double D coils and the new types of coils on to days market that enable the coil

to have a wider spread of detection of targets { a good thing} has sacrificed more accurate pin pointing that the older

style of coils that used a more conical field of detection ???

Not if you know how to use a DD coil. Find the target with narrow sweeps and then move 90º and repeat. Where they intersect is a 2" x 2" spot your target lies beneath.

There are many days I don't have my probe attached, and there is always targets that make me wish I did.

I can only speak for using my explorer with DD, but I can guarantee I know how to use it, and you can change sweeping directions all you want and there will still be many targets that get misjudged and the target ends up in the side of the hole after cutting the plug. That's 9 years with the same detector, same coil, and hunting fields where I can even dig a big plug.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a pinpointer because it greatly speeds up the recovery process which means I can move on to the next target that much quicker. I have gotten very good with pinpointing with the WOT coil, but I still use the probe. Name of the game is to recover as many targets as possible, and to leave the area I hunted with as little sign as possible that I was ever there, with the DetectoPro Uniprobe it makes that easier to do....... :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions