Relic Hunters , IS IT WORTH IT TO USE A SIFTER SCREEN ?

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
I am asking the Relic hunters if you ever used a Sifter on Site . Some sites that you come across do hide non metallic

relics such as PIPE BOWLS , STEMS and TRADE BEADS. If you do use a sifter and have had luck , please tell us

about it and if you ever wondered if its worth to pack a screen ? Stay tuned and possibly you might get a answere

:icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• pic2.png
    pic2.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,196
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used one, but dug some large deep holes and just preferred to detect as non metal finds weren't really of interest. A sifter at the trade site would definitely be a good tool.

It's a lot of work but I love it!

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
You got that right bud , I own 3 various sizes of Sieves and will be using them this up coming year as I think they are going to

pay off big time. :icon_thumleft:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardy said:
You got that right bud , I own 3 various sizes of Sieves and will be using them this up coming year as I think they are going to

pay off big time. :icon_thumleft:

You've never done it? Not even once?

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
Used them when I was in my studies and on some sites I worked for my Field Credits , but not for a long time and not

for at least 24 yrs in a serious manner . But now I am going to take my field research up a few notches and cataloging

all finds in field journals . Years are ticking bye fast and I want to contribute to a great chapter of our History

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardy said:
Used them when I was in my studies and on some sites I worked for my Field Credits , but not for a long time and not

for at least 24 yrs in a serious manner . But now I am going to take my field research up a few notches and cataloging

all finds in field journals . Years are ticking bye fast and I want to contribute to a great chapter of our History

Sifting is better in at least two ways... you don't miss anything, and it slows down the digging. It's pretty tough on a person digging a huge hole if you're not used to it.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have found non metal items like bone buttons, ivory buttons etc.

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
These are a high end Sieves , yet not to hard to make out of wood frame wich would be cheeper.

Attachments

• Screen_traysx500.jpg
    Screen_traysx500.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 626

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardy said:
These are a high end Sieves , yet not to hard to make out of wood frame wich would be cheeper.

As long as it's cool where you're digging because it brings things to a whole new level is some peoples eyes. Without them you can at least say it was bottles you are chasing. That is probably the main reason I would not use them here.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YES. YES And YES
I love to use screens.

When I find an area just way too trashy for my detector, and I feel the area is old enough for good relics, I shut the machine down and break out the screen.
I have found some very neat things sifting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread