What does everyone do with their pulltabs?

B

BIG61AL

I post mine on the treasure net of course.

<-------------<<<<<

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I started making a belt out of them, but, when I could get it around me 5 times, I decided to put the belt in the trash.

B

PS: We take everything with us too, but I also have a box of rubber gloves in the SUV, because we have found everything from pull tabs to red broken bags with vials of blood to hypodermic needles, to huge fishing hooks and treble hooks. (and one year, while ocean fishing, I got one of them babies in my finger - it went in one side, and out the other. It hurt more to get it removed than it did when it went in).

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to toss them in a big bucket and now I string them on a cord to make chains for the grand kids.

crgator

Feb 11, 2010
Space Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Back when I was geocaching, there was something called "CITO". Cache In Trash Out. If you found trash while searching for the cache, you took it out. I do the same thing with MD. If I uncover it, I take it out. It will either go into the trash or recycle bin when I get home.

OP
OP
McIntosh

McIntosh

Feb 12, 2010
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX/Garrett ACE 250/Radio Shack/Bounty Hunter
What do you mean about my "avatar"? It should be me holding a badge (one of my finds) See "what is it"

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also take eerything home and sort it out and put it in 5 gal buckets. Aluminu i one bucket, metal in another and copper and brass in another. It all adds up for extra cash......Matt

kimseyco

Aug 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250-Whites MXT
i collect then and give them to a friend of mine in atlanta who turns them over somewhere for money fot the military guys in some way. i will find out what or where and how it helps them and report back. in the mean time if you can or would be so kind as to offer them up for this cause i will see that they get to the right person. thanks just drop me a pm

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which I had known that this past fall! (before I trashed my size 246 belt)

If they could go somewhere where they do some good, that would be great. Are there places other than in your spot that are collection areas?

Thanks,

B

OP
OP
McIntosh

McIntosh

Feb 12, 2010
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX/Garrett ACE 250/Radio Shack/Bounty Hunter
Any Ronald Macdonald House collects them also to help support themselves. We make it a Scout project too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions