Open invitation to hunt 500+ year old 10 acre section

McIntosh

Feb 12, 2010
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX/Garrett ACE 250/Radio Shack/Bounty Hunter
Hello folks,

Can't give ya too many clues, BUT, if your ever passing through Estancia Valley (60 miles SE of Albuquerque), and ya have a lil time, I have access & permission to hunt a particular 10 acre site (on private land) where Native Americans, Spanish Conquistadors, Stagecoaches, Outlaws, Freight Wagons & more HAD TO STOP THERE, it was a water issue. Even the RR in about 1890'ish built a large "Adobe Lodge" as a summer vacation spot for its employees, locals would hang out there under huge cottonwood trees on hot summer days, folks traveling rested there for days at a time, RR even brought a minister in on Sunday's to hold service for the locals who would be sitting under these trees for church. Now of course, the "water" dried up many, many years ago, matter of fact, the rock spring house built about 1860 still stands.

This was also a THE MAJOR ROUTE for Spanish Conquistadors to travel from Mexico to California in the 1400's-1700's AND THEY also HAD to stop here at this location. That's why I seen it on Spanish Maps dating from 1659.

So if you want some fun when passing through this area, then just give me a PM to arrange contact.

Any takers? Can't take more than 4-5 of us at a time. What you find>>>>you keep.

Larry

Attachments

• McIntosh and Estancia MD sites 004.jpg
    McIntosh and Estancia MD sites 004.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0
OP
OP
McIntosh

McIntosh

Feb 12, 2010
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX/Garrett ACE 250/Radio Shack/Bounty Hunter
It's a sad situation where ya can't even trust another hobbyist. Of course I'll use discretion and appreciate your input. Really didn't give much thought to any "bad element" so to speak.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread