Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your in the house its probably picking up all the metal in the house. Go outside and fire it up. If you are already outside do a factory reset on it. Usually thats holiding down the power button for so long, or taking the batteries out while the machine is still on, check your instruction manual and it will tell you. Most likely your in the house and it is just picking up all the metal in the house along with interfernece. Hope it helps.

Mainer

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
If your in the house its probably picking up all the metal in the house. Go outside and fire it up. If you are already outside do a factory reset on it. Usually thats holiding down the power button for so long, or taking the batteries out while the machine is still on, check your instruction manual and it will tell you. Most likely your in the house and it is just picking up all the metal in the house along with interfernece. Hope it helps.

Mainer
Even out side you could be picking up interference from the electrical wires or security fences, dog fences in the area. Best to take it out in the boonies for a test. Make sure you inserted all the batteries correctly. This is the main reason many jump up & down that the detector doesn't work. I've done this too.... :laughing7:

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
The guys most likely answered your question.

The Coinstrike is a different animal and many gave up on it due to it's rather strange meter readouts but once learned it's as deep as anything made today.

The only thing I didn't like about mine was the balance.

If you continue to have problems you might do better posting directly to the category for Fisher machines (under Brands).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread