Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
It's not true.
I spoke with Minelab today after a flood of emails asking about it.

Not true folks.

Not yet any way.

I didn't believe it, at least the way it was thrown out there. But Minelab wouldn't tell you anyway because they don't want the customers or dealers to stop buying the current models. I don't think we'll ever see another Explorer because it would have to change so much from what it is, it really wouldn't be an explorer. And if it doesn't change, then there wouldn't be much point would there. I think Minelab has made their money playing the new release explorer game and will move on. Three in my opinion is quite enough.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a surprise here either, but I'm sure you broke some hearts with this post. Seems there were a lot of people hoping for a new one.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Iron Patch said:
I think Minelab has made their money playing the new release explorer game and will move on. Three in my opinion is quite enough.

I think all the companies have made their money playing the new release game.

Compare many models of Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, etc.

The new release game has been the story since Ken White's coin machine/Geiger counter. ;D

We made 3 or 4 major moves ahead over the years but mostly it has been about different shapes and colors of paint.

One difference today is we're doing something earlier companies rejected. Today we're boosting the receiver amplification to the point of extreme instability to impress buyers with "the best depth." Granted, the depth of these machines can be impressive in a controlled test area but get those hyper machines out into the real world and the owners have to turn the sensitivity down so far they're back to the depth of an Ace 250. I find this very amusing.

Our hottest selling machines today have cheap import written all over them. Some even have the stickers inside.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to know what happens
to Leftovers After a New Release
Comes Out.

I Have never Noticed Leftovers Being sold at a discount
Anywhere.

Do they get shipped to third world Countries,
Or Ground up & recycled ?

I Would think somewhere there are
Older Model Sovereigns sitting
rotting in there original packaging
simply because somone refuses to sell them for
what little they may get offered.

I know I'd offer $100.00
for a OLD New in Box XS-2
just to help them
clear a Shelf. :wink:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wondered the same thing Jeff. Surely there has to be these older machins just sitting there somewhere. Maybe its a tax write off for them if they let them sit on a shelf and rot? :dontknow:

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
mainer said:
I always wondered the same thing Jeff. Surely there has to be these older machins just sitting there somewhere. Maybe its a tax write off for them if they let them sit on a shelf and rot? :dontknow:

Oh there out there but most aren't on a dealer's shelf. Most are sitting in somebody's closet. Well, maybe not brand new but the next thing to it.

I'm a Minelab and Tesoro person mostly and I'm always looking for the older machines in as good of condition as possible. In the future we will see a tremendous movement in this direction but right now almost everyone has bought into the cheap import game.

The significant advancements:
1. VLF
2. Ground balance
3. Coils
4. Comfort (discrimination, rod designs, lighter weight, etc.)

These are to be distinguished from the questionable advancements such as multi-frequency technology.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Iron Patch said:
4-H said:
It's not true.
I spoke with Minelab today after a flood of emails asking about it.

Not true folks.

Not yet any way.

I didn't believe it, at least the way it was thrown out there. But Minelab wouldn't tell you anyway because they don't want the customers or dealers to stop buying the current models. I don't think we'll ever see another Explorer because it would have to change so much from what it is, it really wouldn't be an explorer. And if it doesn't change, then there wouldn't be much point would there. I think Minelab has made their money playing the new release explorer game and will move on. Three in my opinion is quite enough.

Same here. I read somewhere it had some of the features of the V3. Why would they want to do that? :tongue3:

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mainer said:
Not a surprise here either, but I'm sure you broke some hearts with this post. Seems there were a lot of people hoping for a new one.
They said, Not yet.
jeff of pa said:
I'd like to know what happens
to Leftovers After a New Release
Comes Out.

I Have never Noticed Leftovers Being sold at a discount
Anywhere.

Do they get shipped to third world Countries,
Or Ground up & recycled ?

I Would think somewhere there are
Older Model Sovereigns sitting
rotting in there original packaging
simply because somone refuses to sell them for
what little they may get offered.

I know I'd offer $100.00
for a OLD New in Box XS-2
just to help them
clear a Shelf. :wink:
Hey Jeff. I know we have received machines donated for the kids that were older. And I'm quite positive we were offered discounted prices as well on the older ones too. This was a few years ago.
Good question. I'll find out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread