METAL DETECTING FOR THE DEAF OR HARD OF HEARING

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful thread! Thanks for posting that link...
My best friend is nearly deaf (the hearing aids are his last hope), and my brother is completely deaf in one ear. I kinda have a burden for people who are hearing impaired. My mom also started a deaf ministry at our church about 14 or 15 years ago, which is still going to this day.
Anyway... I've seen this topic discussed before. A great product that could really be a God-send for people who are deaf & hard-of-hearing is this device made by Treasure Products, Inc. It's the same company that makes the Vibra-probe line. This device is called the Vibra-Phone 280. It attaches to the detector shaft and plugs into the headphone jack of your detector. It changes the audio signals to vibration, alerting the MDer of their target. Seems like a great product, so hopefully it'll add something to this great thread. :)

Bran <><

Vibra-Phone 280
[size=9pt]Replace sound with vibration [/size]

http://treasureproducts.com/vibraphone.html

Attachments

• vibraphone280.jpg
    vibraphone280.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 844

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The guy is on the right track with the mini-vibe motors. Everyone knows how strong the vibe is on a cell phone or game controller. IF some company wanted to, they could design a vibe receiver using one of those mini motors. It would be based on the latest Bluetooth transmitter/receiver tech. The vibe motor would be driven by a controller that makes vibration strength (motor speed) correspond with target conductivety. The higher the vid, the stronger the vibration. The vibe receiver could be strapped around the wrist or ankle. I am not an EE but I know this is a cake walk for the designers at the major detector companies, as well as other hobby related electronics companies. The cost would be comparable to good Bluetooth headphone technology. This idea paired with tid display would allow any hearing impaired person to be very good at metal detecting.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Underwater detectors like the Whites P.I.'s (and several other brands) of twenty years back used vibrator pads that you would just slide under the edge of your wet suit. This got round the problem of headphones falling off as you swam.

OP
OP
E

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions