lazooro

Sep 27, 2008
Sezana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, TESORO TEJON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLEASE HELP

NOT SURE WHERE I CAN POST THIS QUESTION BUT I CANNOT FIND ANY SOLUTION FOR MY PROBLEM :-(

I HAVE TEJON MD AND CABLE BREAKAGE IN UPPER CONTACTS WITH ELECTRONIC BOX.
I WAS SURE IT WILL BE EASY TO RECONNECT THEM AGAIN BECAUSE THERE ARE ONLY FEW WIRES.

BUT I WAS WRONG! I CANNOT FIX IT. I CONTACTED TESORO BUT I DIDN'T GET ANY REPLY.
TESORO HAVE LIFETIME GUARANTEE BUT WHERE I AM FROM WE DON'T HAVE SERVICE.

I WAS LOOKING ALL AROUND THE NET TO FIND ANY SCHEME OF A WIRE CONTACTS BUT I ONLY MANAGED TO FIND BOX SCHEME.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME THE SEASON IS VERY CLOSE NOW.

THANKS FOR HELPING ME!!
LAZAR

Upvote 0

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Relax. It's an easy fix.

It's wire fatigue and sometimes it's due to guys that insist on hip mounting their control boxes.'
This is why the factory gives you extra length on your control box wires.

You have to be carefull with these cables. Some of theme especially the gold detectors have very fine wires that "fatigue" and break easily.

Take the cable to your local electronics shop and have he/she cut and re-solder the cable. He/she can determine where the break had/has occured.

Tesoro is a fantastic customer service company. I'm very suprised they haven't gotten back to you. I am a Tesoro dealer so, if I can help you with contacting them in the future please let me know. I am always willing to help.

Don't send it back to the factory.

It coull take weeks to get it back. Any Manufacture. I'm telling you through my tribulations.

My guy only charged me about 10 bucks to fix the problem.

Be Gentle with those wires!!
They do break!

Here is a direct number to Tesoro-----928-771-2646

OP
OP
lazooro

lazooro

Sep 27, 2008
Sezana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, TESORO TEJON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi
thank you for helping me!

to be more clear i took a picture. also there are numbers 1 to 4 but i think 5 wires.
so one day i was MDing and suddenly it starts to beep continuously.
i realized one wire in this section broke. but after i tried to fix it all other fell like nothing :-( not sure why so easy.

later i tried to fix them all but i cannot find the right combination, not sure where goes red wire green, black and so one..

so if maybe you can help me with this i would be very happy and grateful!!

please look the picture so you can see what i mean.
greetings
lazar

Attachments

• DSC02527.JPG
    DSC02527.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 437
OP
OP
lazooro

lazooro

Sep 27, 2008
Sezana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, TESORO TEJON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLEASE ANYONE...
ANY HELP WOULD BE HELPFUL!

SUGGESTIONS OR SOME IDEAS??

OP
OP
lazooro

lazooro

Sep 27, 2008
Sezana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, TESORO TEJON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in cable are only two wires!

one red and one green. each wire has inside also white one. so i have 4 wires. this black one seems to be ground.

please help me with suggestions.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I don't know how you contacted Tesoro, but e-mail can sometimes be to slow. It would be best to call them, They will probably have you send it in. However, usually when something is on warranty, they do not like to see people trying to fix things themselves. Give them a call and they'll let you know what you should do.

OP
OP
lazooro

lazooro

Sep 27, 2008
Sezana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, TESORO TEJON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES!
AFTER ALL DAY LOOONG I MANAGED TO FIX IT!

HAD PROBLEM WITH GROUND(STILL NOT SURE BUT IT WORKS) AND DIDN'T KNOW THAT TWO WHITE WIRES GO SEPARATE AND WIRES FROM GREEN AND RED WITH NO ISOLATION GO TOGETHER.

CASE CLOSED.
VERY HAPPY
GREETINGS

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LaZoOro said:
YES!
AFTER ALL DAY LOOONG I MANAGED TO FIX IT!

HAD PROBLEM WITH GROUND(STILL NOT SURE BUT IT WORKS) AND DIDN'T KNOW THAT TWO WHITE WIRES GO SEPARATE AND WIRES FROM GREEN AND RED WITH NO ISOLATION GO TOGETHER.

CASE CLOSED.
VERY HAPPY
GREETINGS
Now take it easy on those cables! :icon_thumright:

This should be an example to everyone out there to go easy on these box to coil cables.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old thread.

But this sounds almost just like what my tejon started doing but the wire has not become Disconnected & is not visibly broken' the machine just ( Chirps it's butt off) when the connector is barely tapped or when the coil is struck (Softly on a tree or rock).

It does not appear that the cable has been pulled back out of it's connector but when you touch or jiggle it , there seems to be something loose . Just don;t know.
Davers

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old thread.

But this sounds almost just like what my tejon started doing but the wire has not become Disconnected & is not visibly broken' the machine just ( Chirps it's butt off) when the connector is barely tapped or when the coil is struck (Softly on a tree or rock).

It does not appear that the cable has been pulled back out of it's connector but when you touch or jiggle it , there seems to be something loose . Just don;t know.
Davers

Davers I recently had to send my Fisher in for the very same problem. Having tried to repair a few coils in the past, I left the problem for the experts. I have a older model and did not want to upgrade. Fisher had my machine back to me fixed in less than 5 days. They upgraded the mod on it and I was very happy with the way it performed when I got it back. I now run coil covers and rain and dust covers. I also had a Garret PP that didnt want to work, Garret was very fast to re tune and get it back to me. Eventually the PP needed replaced, and it was replaced in a very quick process. You can buy new, or bite the bullet and send it in. Do it soon if your going to, summer is coming. I suggest to get coil covers. Also I use velcro to gently attach my cables to the shaft, being careful to not put stress on the connectors. Good luck.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the positive info,
I'm def, now going to send the machine off to Tesoro tomorrow,
(After having my Father-in Law have a look at it yesterday).

Just sick of worrying about it , at this time.
HH
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread