I have to take the good with the bad...

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Several hundred acres of private land that I have open permission to relic hunt was opened last week to a private logger to do some selective harvesting of pine trees for power poles. This logger has had to build a road down into the property to get the logging equipment in and the logs out.

I went down the newly built logging road to look around this afternoon and I was saddened to see that a large section of the old narrow gauge railroad line was bulldozed flat and covered with at least a foot of fill dirt with base rock on top. It was the area that was starting to produce some nice logging relics. That's the bad.

The good news is that this logger has taken one of his skidders and has cleared out a lot of the underbrush and sticker bushes so his workers can get in to get to the pines that they need (this is over an area of about 200 acres). This has opened up a lot more land that I can easily hit. Being able to walk through parts of the woods that were virtually inaccessable, I found another tale tell ridge that looks like a narrow gauge line that I wasn't aware of. I also found another trail tree (or bent tree) that I was not aware of on this property.

I lost one area to relic hunt but I gained a larger area than what I had. I guess I can live with the trade.

Doug

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good place hope to see some nice finds soon.......

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toby1858 said:
The perfect time of year to get at it too! Before it all grows back up.

I agree! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your finds. Good luck & happy hunting!

:wink: RR

OP
OP
turtlefoot13

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am in hopes of getting out to hunt some this week, if the weather stays nice. I was really bummed about the one spot being dozed but am really getting excited about the new rr bed. It's been a while since I found some decent iron and I'm really "jonsing" to get at it again!

Doug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread