Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega
Upvote 0

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
look on the dnr on the mich website and then camping then in ea campground and state park description it has the list of what is allowed in ea park. boating, handicapped acessable sites and facilities ,etc. goldie

OP
OP
mwbutcher

mwbutcher

Greenie
Feb 22, 2010
Midland, MI
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega
goldie1959 said:
look on the dnr on the mich website and then camping then in ea campground and state park description it has the list of what is allowed in ea park. boating, handicapped acessable sites and facilities ,etc. goldie

Thanks Goldie - I have the list of the State Parks - now really looking for laws relating to State owned land open to hunting. All the language I have found related back to the State park system not hunting land open to all.

I'll keep looking and report back.

Mark

OP
OP
mwbutcher

mwbutcher

Greenie
Feb 22, 2010
Midland, MI
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega
Spooky said:
Mark, the Mi state 'parks' that I have hunted require that you register with the park rangers office before you go...
This is merely a courtesy and a way of 'letting them know' you are there, they will also give you a pice of paper that outlines what you can and can't do..
I don't remember the specifics but it relates to NOT removing "indigenous" finds and reporting any items over a certain value or things that can be identified..
Basically just check in with the park rangers office, and they will fill you in.

As far as non 'manned' state properties, Goldie directed you to the website...

I think the "state forest" language is INTENTIONALLY "vague" but is similar to what I layed out above.. (for parks and recreation areas)

I would post this in the "MI" section here as well...

Thanks Spooky - I will definitely post in the Mi section

OP
OP
mwbutcher

mwbutcher

Greenie
Feb 22, 2010
Midland, MI
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega
mwbutcher said:
goldie1959 said:

Thanks Goldie - I have the list of the State Parks - now really looking for laws relating to State owned land open to hunting. All the language I have found related back to the State park system not hunting land open to all.

I'll keep looking and report back.

Mark

Thanks a bunch Doug - I'll give it a read.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions