Dry river bed??

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love to hunt dry creek beds in my area. There is one piece of property that I have permission to hunt that has three seasonal creeks that run through it. It has known history of having logging activity on it in the 1870's-1890's. I have found horseshoes, wagon parts, iron stove parts, a pocket knife that is decades old and much more.

Good luck and keep us posted how it works for you if you go.

Doug

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Heavier things settle in the lower areas, yes, good strategy, let mother nature do most of the work for you.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Again....I hunt in spots most people don't think of.

I dug 2 US Civil war box plates Next to different large trees in crowded downtown Restaurants. :wink:

People probably think " what the heck is that guy doing"? :D

But, search everywhere. Treasure is where you find it. :dontknow:

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
I would try the creek bed depending on the history and human use of the site. I'm also guessing that there will be plenty of times when you are at your mother-in-law's when you would rather be wandering around outside than doing your family must do's.

Fathead

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep your eyes open for arrowheads as well.

OP
OP
A

aaren

Greenie
Feb 15, 2010
Bakersfield
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Well i went down to the river bed, but decided not to hunt there. It is right next to a park and a bridge and there was a lot of creepy people around :( I am only 5 feet tall and not at all strong. Didn't want to end up on the evening news. Went to another part of town close to the river where I have been out riding before.( There is a horse boarding place there) Not as creepy. Found: 3 bottle caps, 2 and a half pennies( I say 1/2 because one was so corroded I could hardly make out that it was a penny) a broken light bulb, a few scrap metal pieces and an old looking key ( I think it is costume jewelry) Nothing great but still fun. I think I need to get the hubby to come out with me from now on though. I didn't like being alone. I guess I am a bigger chicken than I thought ;D

Skifisher

Apr 17, 2007
Anaheim, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX
Not a chicken, just want to stay alive. I have passed a lot of good looking areas because of "creepers" in the area.

And yes, check EVERY patch of dirt. I found a little patch of dirt 2 blocks from down town, about 4 sq. ft. and got a barber quarter, very worn, but none the less, my only barber quarter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread