Winter is almost over! Post your plans here!

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After months of suffering here on the Eastern coast of Canada... winter has finally loosened its grip.

To be honest, it hasn't been that bad at all. I think Washington got hit harder this year than we did up here... and being on the coast, it's nice and mild. The ground is pretty much thawed. It snowed last night but when I woke up today, it was all gone. That's a good sign.

I started metal detecting last year, and prospecting as well. There's plenty to find on both ends of the spectrum up here in New Brunswick. There's plenty of history here as well as some old old rocks, 1 billion yrs old. Suffice to say, last year I was definitely a newbie. I've been researching and reading up this year and hope to find some decent things.

I took some time to clean up the Xterra70, and get some gear together.

I've made a few new additions:

Bear mace* (My dream of owning a JUDGE revolver will never come true)

Machete (You don't know how many times I wish I had one of these things around... for tall grass during detecting, and getting through the deep woods prospecting)

GPS (Nothing too fancy but it works, Etrex SummitHC_

Compass (may as well have a backup plan...)

Chest Waders

Sand Scoop (Not that I plan on detecting the beaches alot, but if I'm there... why not!)

*A set of balls (To ask property owners nicely to detect their land... many times I would drive by a spot I looked at on old maps or one that just looked good, and would just keep going) :cat: <--- Me
------------------------------

I'm also moving into a property that's over 100 yrs old, and has a nice little backyard to mess around in. When the girlfriend is working, I'll have to get the MD out and go over the back yard nice and slowly. Surely someone dropped something in there over the last 100 yrs. I may even find a cache. :)

How about you folks? Those who have been in the cold for far too long. Share your plans.

P.S. Anyone in my general area, send me a shout. Perhaps we could get out sometime. Don't let the machete scare you....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GioTheGreek

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
4-H said:
Feed the baby, :hello2:
Change poopie diapers, :-\
Stare into her face for about a month... :D

Did I tell you we have a baby coming? ;D

Congrats! :) May she be the healthiest lil girl around!

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Battlecat sounds like my twin, except for the art shows. I'm in the process of making 8 gal. of wine right now. I plan on detecting into May when the weeds and ferns get too tall to swing the detector.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Winter almost over?? I WISH! :D
Still got around 2 months to go.. And at least 2 feet of snow to get rid off! :-[

MonDak

Jan 5, 2006
coin finder said:
;D To Get a way From THE = Wife !
I see I'm not alone, this winter i've been snowbirding and yesterday the
wife exploded and wanted to go home. Next year she can stay home!

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although the ground is thawed up here, I fear winter isnt over. We have a nasty habit of gettin snow in late March or early April. But we are on the down hill slide.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_sunny:

Attachments

• Explorer XS.jpg
    Explorer XS.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 168
  • Explorer XS.jpg
    Explorer XS.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 163
OP
OP
GioTheGreek

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mainer said:
Although the ground is thawed up here, I fear winter isnt over. We have a nasty habit of gettin snow in late March or early April. But we are on the down hill slide.

I agree.. I'm sure we'll get the sneak attack again, but it should be all good.

Love that picture on the beach :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions