1 Barber quarter
    2 Standing Liberty quarters
    4 Silver Washington quarters
    2 Walking Liberty half dollars
    1 Sacawagea $1
    3 Silver Religious Medals
    About $12 in other change
    Some other little neat metal objects

And all of this was in two days of hunting.

Can You Do Better???

Let's hear what you found.

Upvote 0

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found similar stuff after storms on the Northern California Beach's. One thing that bugs me about storm/beach silver is the fact that much of it is fried from the sand and salt. Coins look as though they've been through a rock tumbler. Gold (rings) on the otherhand tends to come out in pretty good shape. I've seen coins as thin as paper from years of water action and pounding sand. Still, you got a pretty good haul. Nice going! :hello2:

OP
OP
Deep Seeker

Deep Seeker

Oct 6, 2003
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab XS-2a Pro, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sonoma County Mike said:
I've found similar stuff after storms on the Northern California Beach's. One thing that bugs me about storm/beach silver is the fact that much of it is fried from the sand and salt. Coins look as though they've been through a rock tumbler. Gold (rings) on the otherhand tends to come out in pretty good shape. I've seen coins as thin as paper from years of water action and pounding sand. Still, you got a pretty good haul. Nice going! :hello2:

I've found that too. I went to the beach today after all the rain had finally stopped. I found 4 silver quarters. One Barber was beautiful. It looks liked it was dropped yesterday. I could easily determine two others as silver Washingtons. But the last one that came out was so thin and destroyed, I can't make out any details on it. This one must have been in the surf for some time before I found it. Actually, I don't know if you can see from the pictures, but most of the silver dimes are like this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread