dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
has any one ever thought about this?
my dad lives in Minnesota and theres alota snow, he came up with the idea that it would be good to detect where
all the snow is plowed to in parking lots.
People loose things in parking lots where there taking there gloves on and off, or putting there hands in and outa there pockets and a ring hits the ground and disappears into the snow. Then a snow plow comes along and pushed it all into a corner for ya,
you wait till the snow melts and POOF thers a pile of lost stuff, and trash! But it might be worth looking into.
and some places like the mall, just push the snow off the edge of the lot into the woods, so if no one has tryed this then that spot has lots of potential!
if any of you have done this how did it work out for ya.
if ya havent and it sounds fun, let me know how it works for ya!

Attachments

• Snow_Plow_2_small.gif
    Snow_Plow_2_small.gif
    24 KB · Views: 517
Upvote 0
OP
OP
dank

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky, same idea but im talking about targeting where the plow plows all the snow to. not the random Time when your neighbor says "i lost it right here"
Have you had any other luck in snowbank parking lots?
congrats on your SLQ, im still looking for one!

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been snowpile hunting for years. There is a LOT of trash but at the bigger shopping centers/malls there is also lot of clad and some gold and silver jewelry. A lot of guys in club hunt the piles. Sunday found a drivers license. Kid was glad to get it back. Insisted on giving me $5.00 even tho told him didn't need to. HH .

Ed

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
The ones here in Anchorage have so much trash in them it's almost impossible to find anything. Small coil and hits every 2 inches with low sensitivity.
I think you would do better to eyeball detect asphalt as the piles melt imo. I am going to make maps and notate where snow dumps are on some properties for detecting as they thaw this summer though. good luck

OP
OP
dank

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it wasnt a original idea, but still a good one!
thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread