Sep 5, 2004
Upvote 0

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I would also try www.tesoro.com..they have 2 models (Sand Shark & Tiger Shark) that could also be used at the beach. The Sand Shark is a pulse induction machine, which the way I understand it is it is like hunting in all metal, all of the time, but it does go a litter deeper than the VLF models (Tiger Shark is VLF)..I don't know about the price of each, though. I have heard nothing but good things about Kellyco.? I also saw people recently on the beach using a Garrett (unknown model), Whites DFX, and a Fisher CZ20?. Hope it helps. Let us know what you decide.

Ron(PA)

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Once again I may become unpopular for this, but Kellyco is having some issues with whites as well as minelab. Both companies are going with face to face dealers on an exclusive basis. So I would visit a local dealer for either brands. Personally, as a beginner I would reacommend a minelab muskateer advantage. The msrp is only 399.99 and is a no frills simple but good all around detector. Also , You may want to post a WTB in the market place sect. of this site. There are some great people with some good equiptment for sale here. Very much luck to you! HH! Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread