;) Metal Detecting & "steel toed" boots

D

Dirtypaws

;) Metal Detecting & "steel toed" boots

Hey everyone, I was out shopping for new work shoes yesterday at Wal-mart. I work in a factory and HAVE to wear steel toed boots. I normally buy the same ones by BRAMA model is: KANE...But to my delight BRAMA has out now for $21.00 ...ones with ABS plastic "steel toes" and non metal shanks and plastic eyelets. 100% no metal in these boots at all. I'm wearing them now and they are very comfortable. What I like is now I can go off to the park right after work without changing shoes! And get this, the model name for this pair......DETECTOR I'm serious! (Almost like they knew......scary) :D Happy Treasure Hunting!

Jon "otter" Gosling

NC

Upvote 0

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
Re: ;) Metal Detecting & "steel toed" boots

???I TRIED DETECTING WITH STEEL-TOED BOOTS-AN EXARCISE IN FUTILITY AND FRUSTRATION;TRYING TO KEEP THE COIL AWAY FROM YOUR BOOTS!!!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Re: ;) Metal Detecting & "steel toed" boots

Had a pallet of lead dropped on my steel toes one time, pushed the steel around my toes down through the sole into the concrete floor. All the toes are still here and still work! (Took awhile getting them toes out of those shoes though) Don't know if the plastic would withstand that but it sure seems it would be more useful when md'ing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread